Disable double click for disposition

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Disable double click for disposition

Postby lmora » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:19 pm

Hello all

I'm integrating ViciDial to send call dispositions picked up by agents to my CRM. As you know, this is done using web form submit button in the green screen once they hung up.

The issue is that reps are double clicking on the disposition therefore bypassing the web form submit which actually receives and stores the value in the CRM.

What I'd like to know is if there is a way to disable double clicking to force reps first to choose disposition and then click on web form submit button.

Rgds

Luis
lmora

Postby williamconley » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:13 pm

The vicidial agent screen is a PHP file. The URL at the top of your screen is the pathway to the source code on your server. Have ANY PHP programmer look at the file for you and change the default behavior to NOT push a button, or "auto-submit" to the Web Form if it is a "Sale".

Not hard.

If you get lucky, a PHP guy with 30 seconds on his hands will wander by here in a few minutes and drop the exact code changes on you. Otherwise, you CAN just look into that file yourself and/or ask how to change the default button on a PHP forum somewhere. (or just look it up on http://php.net/)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby lmora » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:25 am

William, I just looked into the file vicidial.php and didn't find the place where the set of dispositions is displayed.

Anyway, it is a good challenge and take for sure that I'll change the correct file to stop allowing double clicking on dispositions.

Thanks
lmora

Postby mflorell » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:31 am

Look for the DispoSelectContent_create() function.

remove the "<a href=\"#\" onclick=\"DispoSelect_submit();return false;\">" from both places in that function and you should be set.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby lmora » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:45 pm

Matt

First of all I want to thank you that always have taken time to give me a comment in my questions.

I found the function DispoSelectContent_Create() and changed the only occurrence inside of it
dispo_HTML = dispo_HTML + "<font size=3 style=\"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFFCC\"><b><a href=\"#\" onclick=\"DispoSelect_submit();return false;\">" + VARstatuses[loop_ct] + " - " + VARstatusnames[loop_ct] + "</a></b></font><BR><BR>";

for this one
dispo_HTML = dispo_HTML + "<font size=3 style=\"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFFCC\"> VARstatuses[loop_ct] + " - " + VARstatusnames[loop_ct] + "</font><BR><BR>";

but when an agent goes out and in to ViciDial gets into the normal conference room but a frozen screen "Select a Group Alias" is displayed

Double click still works even if agents keep logged in after the change is done.

thanks
lmora

Postby mflorell » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:11 pm

What does the Firefox Error Console say?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:00 pm

my research indicates that there is no "default" html submit button, but that MOST browsers default to the "first one defined". so you could reverse the order of the definitions (make your web form submit button first) and then train your web form to ignore dispositions you DON'T want. one possible solution.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby lmora » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:46 pm

I fixed it.

I was missing a double quote. :oops:

with mistake
dispo_HTML = dispo_HTML + "<font size=3 style=\"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFFCC\"> VARstatuses[loop_ct] + " - " + VARstatusnames[loop_ct] + "</font><BR><BR>";

corrected
dispo_HTML = dispo_HTML + "<font size=3 style=\"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFFCC\">" VARstatuses[loop_ct] + " - " + VARstatusnames[loop_ct] + "</font><BR><BR>";

Thank you guys
lmora

Return to General Discussion