Multi-sites call transfer with screen data

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Multi-sites call transfer with screen data

Postby tonywang » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:41 am

Hi all, I have done multi-server installation with one DB/Web + 2 Dialer. I can do call transfer with screen data by transfer local closer between 2 Dialer.

But I am thinking if we can do bellow:
1. 2 sites, each site have it's own DB/Web & Dialer
2. Agents can tranfer call with scree data between two sites

what I am thinking is install mySQL for each sites with replication. Make those two mySQL with the same data. Am I right?
tonywang

Postby boybawang » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:51 am

You can just have one central WEb / Db Server , and the vicidial/asterisk servers on each site
boybawang

Postby tonywang » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:18 am

Million thanks for your advise. I already set up one central Web/DB server & put vici/asterisk server at each site. What I am asking is can we transfer call with screen data between two individual sites that each site have its own DB/Web & vici/asterisk server. Any comments?
tonywang

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:31 am

I have set that up before years ago, it was very custom though. I wrote a web page that would print the lead data to the screen from a Lead ID, and an AGI that would take a DTMF-passed LeadID and grab that web page data and populate the vicidial_list table. I'm sure something similar could be developed at this point, but it's not out-of-the-box right now.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby tonywang » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:01 am

Thanks for your prompt reply!
So, it looks the only way is pass LeadID by inband DTMF when transfer call and write an AGI to pasre that DTMF, get LeadID & popup on the other agent's screen. Is it?
tonywang

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:56 am

When I did it we used an IAX trunk between the two systems so that we could send the LeadID as part of the extension(dial string) so no DTMF sending was necessary.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion