a question in complexity

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

a question in complexity

Postby panadyne » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:02 am

I envision many small call centers located in multiple locations, some remote agents connected via vpn

I understand the 2 models of vicidal server

1- a single server with everything required for agents to do their thing
2- a cluster of servers, 1 web,1 db and multiple voip - great for a large install...

what about

3- Multiple call centers dialing though the same sample at times for large projects and with a single server for smaller projects... (I really don't want to split the sample either)

- With #3 I don't want to deal with the lag and voip transmission through a vpn... Could multiple #1 access a common database some or all of the time ??
panadyne

Postby mflorell » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:45 am

We've thought about doing that, just never had a client that wanted to pay for the development of it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:27 pm

you could, with a single daily database synchronization using database replication. as long as you were not dialing the same lists in two places at the same time it would probably work fairly well.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Another angle

Postby panadyne » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:08 am

Might look at building an additional server, for each location to use on common projects with a shared database and the head office.

How much traffic is there between a vicidial server and it's back end database... would that traffic be acceptable over a vpn ?? The premise is still small call center, 25 agents each location... probably 3 or 4 locations tops. - Got a few unused dell poweredge 1750's
panadyne

Postby mflorell » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:13 am

There is a lot of communication going on(100+ queries per second for a single server with 5 agents, 2000 QPS for 4 server system with 100 agents), they should be on the same local network. All of the real-time and agent/call state information is stored directly on the database so it needs to be fast and low latency/high reliability.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion