Mobile ViCiDial

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Mobile ViCiDial

Postby martinch » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:34 pm

I don't know if the world needed this but I've been playing around with making ViCiDial mobile friendly! Can't think of a usecase for this but hey. Any desire for something like this?

It's in very early development but I'll share the code with the team when I have something passable. To make practical use of it, you would need;

- To configure your phone to connect directly to your mobile device (need to be able to dial externally). Failing this a webphone if your system supports it.
- A headset or some description. Dialling on ViCiDial on your phone will require a headset as you need to be able to see the screen to do dialler stuffs.

Currently, the ViCi buttons are hidden by default...but you swipe right on the screen to reveal them and swipe left to hide them. It'd be cool to hear your thoughts :) thanks

Swipe right reveals the dialler buttons. Swiping left hides them off screen.
Last edited by martinch on Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Re: Mobile ViCiDial

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:12 pm

Very interesting, I can't imagine doing a full shift as an agent on a mobile phone though :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Mobile ViCiDial

Postby martinch » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:49 pm

mflorell wrote:Very interesting, I can't imagine doing a full shift as an agent on a mobile phone though :)

haha...yeah...this would have a very specific usecase for sure. Perhaps if we were ever cursed to live through another pandemic it may become a thing.

Here are some of the latest screenshots with a little further development;

My goal is not to change the core ViCiDial functionality but rather allow it to used portability. :)
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Return to Development