Need help in changing the field name of vicidial.pjp

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Need help in changing the field name of vicidial.pjp

Postby casey0517 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:47 pm

I need help, i change the field name of Customer Information in agent's web interface. I overwrite the old file vicidial.php, vtiger ang the vdc_db_query. But when i try to login as an agents it is still the same.

This is what i did.

Address1 -> Company
Address3 -> Suite#
Province -> other name
Dialing code -> extension
Alt phone -> Mobile number
show -> website

But it is still the same

I need you help.
casey0517

Postby mflorell » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 am

vicidial.php version and build?

diff file?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:14 pm

hints:

1) First be sure you catch all the occurrences of anything you are changing and you know what line number it was on for future reference (so you can change it again on the next version upgrade easily)
Code: Select all
cd /var/www/agc
grep "Province" * -n -R
vicidial.php:8788:<td align=right><font class="body_text"> Province: </td>
Now you have the filename and line number (in vicidial it isn't always necessary to search the entire directory, but some programmers like to "include" other files so this helps to "hunt it down")

With the filename and line number:
nano +8788 vicidial.php

Make your changes, save your file ... and make a note of the line number and old/new values.

And remember that Windows, proxies and Firefox all can do funky things with "cache". So you may want to look at it in a different browser (that has never been there before) and preferably NOT through a proxy
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby casey0517 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 am

Thank you for your reply

version = 2.0.4-142
build = 71129-2025

this is the one i changed.

<td colspan=2 align=center> Customer Information: <span id="CusTInfOSpaN"></span></td>
</tr><tr>
<td align=right><font class="body_text"> Title: </td>
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=text size=4 name=title maxlength=4 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; First: <input type=text size=12 name=first_name maxlength=30 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; MI: <input type=text size=1 name=middle_initial maxlength=1 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; Last: <input type=text size=15 name=last_name maxlength=30 class="cust_form" value=""></td>
</tr><tr>
<td align=right><font class="body_text"> Company: </td>
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=text size=50 name=company maxlength=100 class="cust_form" value=""></td>
</tr><tr>
<td align=right><font class="body_text"> Address2: </td>
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=text size=17 name=address2 maxlength=100 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; Suite #: <input type=text size=25 name=suite# maxlength=100 class="cust_form" value=""></td>
</tr><tr>
<td align=right><font class="body_text"> City: </td>
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=text size=20 name=city maxlength=50 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; State: <input type=text size=2 name=state maxlength=2 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; Zip: <input type=text size=9 name=zip maxlength=10 class="cust_form" value=""></td>
</tr><tr>
<td align=right><font class="body_text"> Other Name: </td>
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=text size=20 name=other_name maxlength=50 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; Vendor ID: <input type=text size=15 name=vendor_lead_code maxlength=20 class="cust_form" value=""></td>
</tr><tr>
<td align=right><font class="body_text"> Phone: </td>
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=text size=11 name=phone_number maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; Ext: <input type=text size=4 name=Ext. maxlength=10 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; Cell: <input type=text size=11 name=cell maxlength=12 class="cust_form" value=""></td>
</tr><tr>
<td align=right><font class="body_text"> Website: </td>
<td align=left><font class="body_text"><input type=text size=20 name=security_phrase maxlength=100 class="cust_form" value="">&nbsp; Email: <input type=text size=25 name=email maxlength=70 class="cust_form" value=""></td>
</tr><tr>
<td align=right valign=top><font class="body_text"> Comments: </td>
<td align=left>
<font class="body_text">

i also rename the database. But in the webform it is still the same.
casey0517

Postby williamconley » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:56 am

Perhaps you should have someone that knows php handle this.

I'm not sure why it isn't showing properly in your web browser, aside from a likelihood that there is a cache involved. But I can tell you it is not likely to work well since you did not JUST change the visible text, you also changed the name of the fields being submitted. I would think that to be a bad idea.

Also: Have you considered upgrading to 2.2.0? You may find a lot of cool stuff. And going to the trouble of modifying the screen display on the OLD version, seems a bit odd.

Installation has become downright EASY since vicibox has come out. Building your new system will take very little time. :)
williamconley

Postby casey0517 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:48 am

where can i download the vicibox?
and how to install that one?

what do you think is the problem of my vicidial? why is it the field name is not visible to the web?
casey0517

Postby williamconley » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 am

Great questions!

vicibox.com

there is also a DEMO cd (which actually runs from the CD, no installation necessary to see the new version in full operation ... just don't try to use it for more than one call as it DOES run completely in memory without installation).

after you have downloaded it, you can try it without instructions, you can search here on the forum for instructions, you can download the manager's manual and you can try this link:

http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALforum/viewt ... 2970235ae0
williamconley

Postby casey0517 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 am

this is my vicidial info

version = 2.0.4-142
build = 71129-2025

can you help me how to upgrade it into new version
and also on how to change the fields name. Still in our web browser it is still the same.
We need the b2b and b2c dialer fields for our center.

Thank you, hope that i can get the right one to change the fields
casey0517

Postby williamconley » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:01 am

if you download the vicidial version you want to upgrade to (i would go to 2.2.0rc8 if i were you) it has an UPGRADE document in it. Read that and follow EVERY line exactly. Remember that you will need to upgrade your database TWICE since you'll be upgrading from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 and then again from 2.0.5 to 2.2.0.

After that you can get a php person (any php person can do it) to change your web page to show different labels for your fields pretty easy. of course, you can take a shot at it again as well.

are you changing the files that are in /var/www or the ones in /usr/src?
williamconley

Postby casey0517 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:04 am

the ones in /usr/src

that is the one in our vicidial.

I think the old version of the vicidial cannot change the web form, bcuz i changed the field name in the vicidial.php scripts.
casey0517

Postby williamconley » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 am

i think we found your problem.

the files in /usr/src are not the ones visible on the web

search your /var/www folder
williamconley

Postby casey0517 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:26 am

Thank you

The agent's web interface changed!
Thank you so much
I follow the folder path that you gave me.
casey0517

NEED A DEVELOPER TO LIASE WITH FOR NEW INSTALLATION

Postby AbingdonHouse » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:43 am

HI,
I AM LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE AND HELP WITH THE INTERGRATION OF VICIDIAL INTO OUR EXISTING BUSINESS MODEL.

WE ARE A OUTBOUND SALES COMPANY AND NEED HELP SETTING UP A INBOUND/OUTBOUND BLENDED SOLUTION, WITH VARIOUS WEB FORMS AND SOME INTERGRATION WITH EXISTING DATABASES.

ALL INTERESTED PLEASE COULD YOU CONTACT ME BY PERSONAL MESSAGE

THANKS IN ADVANCED

STEVE
AbingdonHouse

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:04 am

There is no need to yell.

And you are posting in the wrong forum. Please post requests in the jobs forum here.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development