Disabling pause button

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Disabling pause button

Postby seaq » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:53 am

Hi, I've got a customer with this special request.

Would it be possible to disable the possibility for an agent to pause its session? Is it possible to let an administrator to remotely pause the session for an specific agent?

What they want is to stop the agent to pause their session and only let the admin to pause them.

We want to know if that is possible and how much would cost to develop such feature, or a convincing statement explaining why is not possible.

thanks in advance
seaq

Re: Disabling pause button

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:01 am

We received the same request last week. It would take quite a bit of work to do it properly, but I'm sure it could be done. The question really is what would happen if you did do it. I can tell you that some companies that currently use the API to do something similar to this just see the agents not hangup or disposition calls after customers hang up, in effect they just shift their "pause" time between calls and they still take it anyway. This is a technological solution to a personnel problem, and those rarely work.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby seaq » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:58 am

We do agree with you Matt, probably that request you received last week was from someone from our team. Would you be so kind to give us a cost estimate, so we can quote or customer?

Also the API idea doesn't sound bad, How about a button/link to UNPAUSE an agent from the monitoring page ??
Andres Mujica
RHCE Linux Consultant

SEAQ SERVICIOS CIA LTDA
www.seaq.com.co
seaq

Postby williamconley » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:13 am

we had a client (a long time ago) who removed the pause button from the screen. they also wanted to "force logout and deactivate" any agent who remained on a dead call or in dispo for more than 30 seconds. Unfortunately they never paid for that part. Just the removal of the pause button.

But today, the disable dispo combined with removal of the pause button and/or deactivate agent who remains paused or dispo for 30 seconds would be good.

Now that I think of it, if there were a preference to disable any agent who remained in dispo/pause/login/dead call for XX seconds or more between calls would probably be a great thing to create. As long as all the bases are covered ... any agent breaking the rules would need to find a Manager to log back in. But so far we've had a lot of takers in various areas who would use it ... but none to pay for it. Probably because it may require storing information in the agent session that must clear between calls instead of just having an external script checking.

Of course a junior version would auto-resume any agent on pause after 10 seconds and/or auto-dispo any agent in dispo/dead call after 10 seconds (and rat them out as well, so a manager gets an email identifying the culprit). That could be done externally with a watchdog script.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby KPerry » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:51 am

I am interested in this "Of course a junior version would auto-resume any agent on pause after 10 seconds and/or auto-dispo any agent in dispo/dead call after 10 seconds (and rat them out as well, so a manager gets an email identifying the culprit). That could be done externally with a watchdog script."

Is this in the newest version of ViciDial? If not, how much would it cost to get the script?
Vicidial 2.4-357a|Build 120125-2107|Asterisk 1.4.
KPerry

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:38 am

Nope. But the latest code DOES have an auto-pause for those on dead calls for XX seconds and an auto-logout for those on pause for XX seconds.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby bennyjohn » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:20 am

Hi williamcoleny...I am new to this concept..I get the information about disabling pause button..Can you reply where this technique has been implemented ???I am waiting for the reply..Keep in touch with us..Thanks for your valuable information :D :D
bennyjohn

Return to Development