CRM Integration

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

CRM Integration

Postby eflorent » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi Matt, Hi Friends,

Working in the call center industrie I'm willing to integrate a CRM with Vicidial in the way it has been done with VTiger5.1.
I don't know what option to choose:
-do nothing & use VTiger5.1, i dislike because i would like to benefits of last generations CRMs
-start on the latest VTiger inspiring previous work and write the code needed almost from scratch.
-choose a different CRM suche as SugarCRM or SuiteCRM,
I don't know wich option to choose and wich CRM to choose
What work would you like to see done ?

EF
eflorent

Re: CRM Integration

Postby williamconley » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Best solution:

Build it as a module that can send data to either Sugar or vTiger based on the settings. The word "integrate" makes it sound like they'll be sharing databases and interface screens, and I strongly doubt that this is what you intend to do. Since you're likely really talking about "send a lead / get a list of calls to dial ..." etc, the best approach would be one that has the ability to generate a sql script to push a lead or pull data from "the other system" and have that sql script variable so new CRMs can easily be added.

My opinion. :)

But if you are going to hard-code one in: My vote is SugarCRM.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby eflorent » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:46 pm

yaai (github) seems to be a very good start !
EF
eflorent

Postby eflorent » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Push agent login & credentials push and pull lists & use Webform & click to dial and why not notifications,
yes exactly this is my actual aim and was willing to get advices recommandation on the CRM choice.

williamconley wrote:Best solution:

Build it as a module that can send data to either Sugar or vTiger based on the settings. The word "integrate" makes it sound like they'll be sharing databases and interface screens, and I strongly doubt that this is what you intend to do. Since you're likely really talking about "send a lead / get a list of calls to dial ..." etc, the best approach would be one that has the ability to generate a sql script to push a lead or pull data from "the other system" and have that sql script variable so new CRMs can easily be added.

My opinion. :)

But if you are going to hard-code one in: My vote is SugarCRM.
eflorent

Postby wakonda » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:01 am

Hi,

not sure if I can help but we just decided to use Vicidial and are using OpenERP aka Odoo as a CRM.
we use Odoo to manage all the leads and customer related infos of course.
we pull list_ids from vici
we send leads to vici (based on list_ids) via the add_lead api-call and assign to certain telesales agens (owner) and mark the telesales agent to the customer in Odoo..
we send back all call infos back to Odoo from Vici - via a cron job.
we do not initiate calls from odoo.. yet.. not sure if that would work with the session id stuff.. but should be possible

so far works quite well
Odoo is OpenSource.. and is based on python..
best alex
5 seat callcenter since July14, Outbound & Inbound
VERSION: 2.8-440a; BUILD: 140521-2101 on Debain 7.6; Asterisk: 1.8.23.0;
wakonda

Postby dspaan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:40 pm

We need a CRM package that can prioritize callbacks since the vicidial callback holds list is too limited, we need a simple view that displays an agenda and allows you to work with colors and different levels of importance, etc. How is Odoo working out with that? I saw on their site that you have to pay for more then 2 users?
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Postby mav2287 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:38 pm

I agree with William in that if you did it with a module you could then tap almost any CRM by changing what happens on the event. We did something like this with a payment system so we wouldn't be trapped with just one company. Vtiger 6 isn't too bad, but they are really pushing their hosted solution and I personally think at some point they are gonna kill the open source one. That is just my opinion though.
ViciBox5.x86_64-5.0.3.preload from .iso upgraded to 13.1 | VERSION: 2.10-444c BUILD: 150129-0828 | 1.8.32.2-vici | Dual Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel twin quad core 3Ghz Xeon chips | 32gb of RAM
mav2287

Postby vis#g » Tue May 24, 2016 2:27 am

Hi,
I need to do the integration of our custom CRM with Vicidial whereby the user will only see the screens from the CRM. Its great to have the agent and the non-agent APIs which will really help us to do the integration easily. We will have to synchronize the leads and campaigns on Vicidial. After that customize our exiting screens on the CRM to have the basic functionality of logging into a campaign (predictive dialing) on Vicidial and display the lead which is connected to the agent conference.

I wanted to know how it was done for vTiger concerning the display of the lead when a call is put in relation with an agent on the CRM. Where can I find the code which handles this and what are the database fields used to implement it?

Another question I have is concerning the call made by Asterisk from entries in the database table "vicidial_manager". How the call is made and where can I find it in the code?

Thanks
vg
ViciBox v.7.0.1-160223 | VERSION: 2.12-538a BUILD: 160122-1401 | Asterisk 11.21.0-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation
vis#g

Postby mflorell » Tue May 24, 2016 6:10 am

The vtiger integration is all over the place in the code, in a dozen different scripts. It has also been unsupported for over 5 years now.

The vicidial_manager queries exist in several places in the code as well, basically anything to do with call control or routing.

As for CRM integration, take a look at the "extras/crm_iframe" example code if you want to hide the agent screen completely from the agent. The agent MUST have the agent screen running for it to work, but they do not need to see it since you can do just about everything through the APIs.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby vis#g » Tue May 24, 2016 6:52 am

Thanks Matt for prompt reply.
ViciBox v.7.0.1-160223 | VERSION: 2.12-538a BUILD: 160122-1401 | Asterisk 11.21.0-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation
vis#g

Postby vis#g » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:36 am

Hi,
Have been trying to integrate our custom CRM based on "extras/crm_iframe" example. But I have an issue.
Let me explain. As per the example web form, web form target (crmagent) and get call launch (webform) is set.
On my custom CRM page I have loaded the agent screen in an iframe and have another iframe "crmagent" to load our custom lead info based on the returned data from Vicidial.
But when trying to load the iframe "crmagent" with data received from Vicidial I have cross site scripting issue.

Here is the message I got in the browser debugger console:
Unsafe JavaScript attempt to initiate navigation for frame with URL 'http://myCustomCrmDomain/vicidial' from frame with URL 'http://myVicidialDomain/agc/vicidial.php?phone_login=204&phone_pass=204&DB=&VD_login=204&VD_pass=204&VD_campaign=CAMPA&relogin=#'. The frame attempting navigation is neither same-origin with the target, nor is it the target's parent or opener.

I have tried adding the following code at the start of vicidial.php: header('Access-Control-Allow-Origin: http://myCustomCrmDomain');
But I still have this issue. Note that I have already done the part on our custom CRM so that to allow cross site scripting from the domain of our Vicidial.
If I disable cross origin check on Chromium browser it works :(

Please advise.

Thanks
vis#g

Postby williamconley » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:04 pm

a) master page is crm.com
b) iframe is vici.com
c) iframe is vicicrm.com

If i'm understanding this, then both vici.com and vicicrm.com are inside crm.com

If vicicrm.com is on a completely separate web page (not in an iframe) can vici.com change vicicrm.com at will?

Is it possible that making a change to "vicicrm.com" is considered a change to crm.com (since it's a sub-page "inside" crm.com), but vici.com does not have permission to change crm.com so it fails.
williamconley

Postby vis#g » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:08 am

Hi William,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My configuration is as follows:

a) master page is crm.com
b) iframe is vici.com
c) iframe is crm.com (iframe to be refreshed when call comes in the conference - using ADAPT_TAPERED)

When Vicidial try to do the "push" to crm.com it receives the cross site scripting message.
vis#g

Postby williamconley » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:06 pm

vis#g wrote:a) master page is crm.com
b) iframe is vici.com
c) iframe is crm.com

You can not have a page in an iframe of itself. crm.com can not have an iframe with crm.com inside.
If vicicrm.com is on a completely separate web page (not in an iframe) can vici.com change vicicrm.com at will?

Test this. Take the CRM out of the iFrame and see if it works.
williamconley

Return to Development