vicidial sangoma patch vs sangoma original patch?

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

vicidial sangoma patch vs sangoma original patch?

Postby bobbymc » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:16 pm

was the sangoma patch int he vicidial source modified to work with vicidial or is the patch provided on their website the one to use? i checked the 1.8 patch on vicidials code and the one on their website and they are totally different.
bobbymc

Re: vicidial sangoma patch vs sangoma original patch?

Postby mflorell » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:46 pm

Our Asterisk-Vicidial-CPD patch was written first, Sangoma actually asked us to write it and build in CPD functionality into Vicidial about 8 years ago. The Sangoma-generated patch came later, I believe it was also written by a third party. At the time we wrote the patch, we were promised a commission on every sale of Sangoma CPD to an Asterisk-based system client, that never happened. We still resell and support Sangoma CPD, but it isn't very actively maintained by Sangoma, and it has several issues that Sangoma does not want to dedicate the resources to fixing. Because of that, we usually don't recommend clients buy it unless they very clearly understand the issues involved in using it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Very interesting, what are the issues if I may ask ?
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:45 am

Capacity issues(capacity was cut in half from version 1 to version 2), call rate issues(it can't handle bursts of calling at high rates), issues with several carriers' signalling(I'm not going to go into the long drawn-out explanation of it here), crashing of the service(especially the Linux version), inflexibility of several of the CPD options(must be restarted to change, not definable per-call), and there are several other annoyances as well.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development