Khomp Channel on ViciDial

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Khomp Channel on ViciDial

Postby TieFighter » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi,

I manage many callcenters in Brazil. All them are using ViciDial for, at least, 6 years. I've using Digium, FoneBridge and SIP trunk on ViciDial projects. On last two years, I've changed all hardware platform to Khomp devices (http://www.khomp.com.br/v2/eng/). Including all callcenters running ViciDial. My problems is: ViciDial is not compatible with khomp channel. So, an IAX trunk do the magic with an external server running pure Asterisk + Khomp hardware.

So, I was in contact with Khomp CTO and they are interest in fund the work to add support of Khomp Channel into ViciDial and donate some hardware for homologation by ViciDial Dev Team.

This company is on telephony business for 20 years. All its products are designed for callcenters application. All major callcenter in Brazil use Khomp + CTI application (non-Asterisk). Since 2005, Khomp developed an Asterisk Channel that allows use Khomp + Asterisk, but, as best as I know, none of this big callcenters are using Khomp+Asterisk, and of course none of them use ViciDial. Except, one under my belt that is running ViciDial + Asterisk bridged by IAX2 to server with Asterisk + Khomp.

All documentation about khomp channels is already in English/Portuguese.

So, Is there interest on this project? Can I have a quotation?
____
ViciBox v.7.0.1-160223 | VERSION: 2.12-561a BUILD: 160708-0745 | Asterisk 11.21.0 | Cluster: 8 E1s/80 Extensions DualCore@2.41GHz 8RAM (Asterisk 11) | 1 DB: QuadCore@2.40GHz 32RAM | 2 WEB: QuadCore@3.10GHz 8RAM | 8 Tel: QuadCore@3.10GHz 8RAM
TieFighter

Re: Khomp Channel on ViciDial

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Just have them send a request to sales@vicidial.com with some more information.

I'm certainly not opposed to it, but we have seen with some other component makers that they cause some problems within Asterisk when they create their own set of new drivers and channels, and there can be issues with what versions of Asteirsk they choose to support as well.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ccabrera » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Hello,

I´m interested in Khomp support too. So far my machines are working using a IAX2 loopback, but that´s not supposed to happen. Is this moving forward?

Regards,
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:45 pm

I recommend you call Khomp and ask them. If they funded it, they'd probably know.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ccabrera » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:58 am

I know thats an option too. I preferred to use the forums for a much friendlier approach since Matt directly comes here and he above all knows about Vicidial development.
Christian Cabrera
Mexico City
ccabrera

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:00 pm

true. if matt developed it, he'd know.

but if this is an asterisk integration, matt may never know. khomp would know ... their client would know, but matt may never be informed.

Vicidial will utilize any channel that asterisk will support AFAIK. Although Khomp may be an exception to that rule, I've never heard of another exception so I'm skeptical.

And don't forget: Vicibox 7.0.1 now includes asterisk 11. If khomp works with asterisk 11, this conversation may have died because it's no longer needed. 8-)
williamconley

Postby ccabrera » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:27 pm

William,

Khomp supports Asterisk 1.8 and 11. That´s not the issue: we can make calls in and out without any problem.

The problem comes when Vicidial starts to listen to the channel status. For example: inside the FAST_AGI script which is always running I found regular expressions for SIP, IAX, Local and DAHDI, but since Khomp uses a different channel name, Vicidial can not acknowledge the call status and weird things begin to happen. For example:

- Established calls are marked as "hung up" by Vicidial, even though the agent is still talking to the client.
- You do not have access to call control, as in transfer, park or anything like that
- If you click in "Hungup call", Vicidial *thinks* the call was dropped, but the call goes on

That´s why what we had to do was to create an IAX2 loopback which dials into Asterisk and then dials to the outside using Khomp. That way, Vicidial thinks its dealing with IAX2, and everything works fine.

My best guess is that Khomp never reached the Vicidial group. I´ll try to get in touch with Khomp to see if they are interested in funding this support. As TieFighter commented, it is widely used in Brazil (I´m in Mexico), but no open source dialers use it due to the support on the dialing controls.
Christian Cabrera
Mexico City
ccabrera

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:55 pm

I stand (or sit, actually) corrected. Thanks for the clarification.

If you have the real channel type, a rewrite of the agi script to include that as an option would not seem very involved.

In fact, I would suggest an array of possible channel types be invoked at the top of the script so new channel types can be added later. 8-)

Probably a couple hours of production per script. And a bit extra to provide a diff to the Issue Tracker for inclusion in future versions ...
williamconley

Postby lmoreira » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:00 pm

We have several callcenters using KHOMP, Asterisk 11 and ViciDial. But, so far, only using IAX2 loopback or separate Asterisk box as outbound/inbound gateway.

williamconley suggested very interesting solution. A custom channel name could support Khomp like technology on Asterisk.

If this need funding and/or support, I could help.
--
Luciano Moreira
Consultor ViciDial no Brasil | Web: www.logictelecom.com.br | Telegram: https://t.me/luciano_logictelecom | ViciBox V9.x
lmoreira

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:22 pm

lmoreira wrote:...

williamconley suggested very interesting solution. A custom channel name could support Khomp like technology on Asterisk.

If this need funding and/or support, I could help.

Actually, the methodology for this would be to sponsor the customization by hiring The Vicidial Group or a 3rd party development team (such as PoundTeam where I work) to perform the service.

Otherwise, the likelihood of someone "just doing it" remains ultra-low. If someone else hires this project's completion, you may never find out.
williamconley

Return to Development