button_click_log - is it used for anything specific?

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

button_click_log - is it used for anything specific?

Postby chrismervyn20 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:29 am

Hello folks!

I have been working on a modification of Vicidial VERSION: 2.12-475c BUILD: 151028-1458 for sometime now. I noticed that there is a JS variable called
Code: Select all
button_click_log
and it gets posted via AJAX. But, I am yet to discover any explicit purposes for this data.

What are its uses? Is it actively used in any routine? If yes, which one?

Also, I am currently working on creating a 100% REST API for Vicidial Agent & Administrator Interfaces. I am also creating a JS and PHP client side SDK. So, the entire vicidial Agent and/or Administrator Interface would be available via these two SDK's. Those who are looking for any integration with CRM's or xRM's can benefit a lot. In due process, I had to revisit the Vicidial code a lot. I have been refactoring the code base and so far I have been turning the code into OOP with MVC + Services Architecture.

Just wanted to know if the community has a need for it?

Thanks again,
Cheers!
chrismervyn20

Re: button_click_log - is it used for anything specific?

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:50 am

The button click log is completely useless really. We added it for a client that wanted to log whether agents were clicking a button on the script towards the bottom of the script to gauge compliance by the agents. That's pretty much all it was ever used for.

Best of luck on your project, I look forward to seeing it when it's complete.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby chrismervyn20 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:04 am

Hi Matt!

Howdy? Happy Thanksgiving in advance! I am thankful for Vicidial.

Yup! So I expected. I have another question for you as well. Currently, I am working on a private Git Server over at bitbucket. As you know that I can't really host an asterisk project for free pretty much nowhere other than Amazon may be (free tier). So, I really can't post it as a link in the forum. How do I send it to you (& Mcargile, Kumba & William) privately? Maybe email(s) or PM at the forum?

I am integrating the REST API with SuiteCRM for a client using the PHP & JS SDK as necessary. So, apart from discussing the code/approach and basic REST API demo, I would also like to showcase the SuiteCRM Integration as well. Since it is based on an API, henceforth any CRM can be swapped with a couple of day's effort. I am ready to showcase from Tuesday onward.

Le'mme know. Cheers!
chrismervyn20

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:32 am

Just send me an email and I'll let you know how you can send us the files: vicidial -at- gmail.com
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby chrismervyn20 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:46 am

Great! I would.
chrismervyn20

Return to Development