Callback system -- proposal

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Callback system -- proposal

Postby dreedy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:59 am

Hello, i am trying to figure a better way for the callback system to work. The blinking item on the agent screen does not help the agents to work there callback in a timely manner. It would be great if the agent screen has some better system but i am afraid it will require so much work it may not be worth it. I have been experimenting with the callback to email item and found a limitation that i sent a request to sales but i wanted to check with the community on this as a best action item.

"The callback to email function works but I see a limitation on it at present. If the list is inactive the callback does not get sent to the rep. Can we make the callback notification work on all leads so that if there is a callback the rep will always receive an email? Maybe add a system toggle to enable/disable?"

This is what i asked for it they say it is possible but will cost 20+ hours to complete.

I also checked on if a pre timer of sorts could be added basically get ready you have a callback coming up.

"Can also box either in the campaign or system with something like, "Callback email alarm [ 5 ] minutes before call."

This would take 8 hours to complete.

It would be so nice to advance the agent screen to some workable way for the callbacks also. but im not sure how to proceed in or if any of my ideas would be for the best. what does everyone this about this would it work and be worth the changes?
1- mysql/apache Server (ViciBox 11) Dell R640
1- Dialer (Vicibox 11) Dell R620
1- Archive Server Drobo 810n

Asterisk 16.30.0-vici |VERSION: 2.14-900a | BUILD: 231115-1636 | svn 3787 |dbschema 1702
dreedy

Return to Development