Home Agents WebURL Login via the Internet

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Home Agents WebURL Login via the Internet

Postby wbmanx » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Asterisk Version 1.8.32.3
4.00 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790K
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total

How do I configure Vicidial to allow a home-external agent to log in via the web login? How would the URL look? What options do I need to setup in Vicidial/GoAutoDial?
I am using GoAutoDial 3.3 on a virtual machine.
All calls from 192.168.xx.xx work just fine. If I have an agent trying to login via the internet using my public ip address,they are getting a timeout. Do I need to open additional ports beyond the standard vicidial port? This is URL format that we are trying to use to get back to the vicidial server.

I have tried all of the following format to get back to my server
http://33.143.56.12/vicidial/vdremote.php
https://47.123.81.22/agent/agent.php

Am I doing something wrong?
I am able to register sip and make phone calls while in the office. I have all 443, 80, 5060 and 10000-20000 open. My agents outside of the office can't get access to the system via internet. We have tried using www.https://47.523.xx.xx/agc/vicidial.php to get access via the internet. My URL Resources only show the internal/private ip address. Is there an option that I need to set to allow the system to provide my public ip as a URL Resource? I only have 1 NIC installed in the system. Do I need a 2nd NIC installed to allow my remote agents access via a web login? I would like to be able to remotely log in via the admin login as well without having to use remote desktop.
URL Resources
Agent Login URL: https://192.168.0.202/agent/agent.php
SIP/Server Domain: 192.168.0.202
Can I do this with a single NIC? I am using NAT with the system available via the DMZ
I have the TP-Link Archer C9 - I have NAT Forwarding. I have port 443 forwarded. Would it be easier using a 2nd NIC card? I have port forwarded using this router. Everything but this works. I do still believe that I am having an issue with port 443. My provider is not blocking it and I am just wondering if something is grabbing the port and keeping me from being able to using for vicidial. I want my agents to be able to access the system from their homes.
wbmanx

Re: Home Agents WebURL Login via the Internet

Postby kumar2arbind » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:25 am

hello wbmanx

First you need to find that all the traffic (from the required port like 8080,5060,22,10000:20000 - UDP) to you public ip is landed to your local server ip or not.you need to check your router/firewall setting and define policy.

traffic====>public ip==========>Local server ip
kumar2arbind

Postby wbmanx » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:09 pm

I appreciate the reply. I can make all the calls that I want. I have port forwarding setup. I just need to know how to to configure vicidial so that I and my agents have access to the server via the public internet.
wbmanx

Postby kumar2arbind » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:52 am

Their is nothing to configure in vicidial, all the setting a remains same. To access the server from home, go through the fallowing step.
1) configure your soft phone using public ip to the system you want to make call. if port 5060 is open from public ip to your server then your soft phone configured successfully.

2) Enter public ip to your browser from home and you will get public_ip/vicidial/welcome.php.

3) Rest are same as you work in your local network.
kumar2arbind

Return to Support