Recording Troubleshooting

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Recording Troubleshooting

Postby dominion » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Version 2.12.552a
Build 160429-0835
Asterisk 11.25.1-vici

Hi. We run a call center with around 100 agents. All agents are setup identical with Grandstream GXP1405 phones with headsets and computers running Linux Mint. The campaign is setup with Campaign Recording set to ALLFORCE, Recording Delay set to 0, and Routing Initiated Recording set to Y. All of the calls are manual dial outbound. One of our agents is not having his calls recorded. Like all agents, his Agent Recording Override is also set to ALLFORCE. I can login as this agent from anywhere and make test calls and they are recorded successfully. We have done the following to troubleshoot:

Replaced phone
Replaced ethernet cables
Moved ethernet connection to a different switch
Tried Firefox, Chrome, and Chromium browsers
Updated Firefox, Chrome, and Chromium browsers
Had agent use a different user account
Swapped agent's headset cable
Replaced agent's PC

I'm completely stumped on this one and not sure what to try next.

Thanks,

Mike
dominion

Re: Recording Troubleshooting

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:22 pm

The code you are running is over 2 years old. We have fixed many bugs, including recording bugs, over the last 2 years. I would strongly recommend upgrading to the most recent svn/trunk revision.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:31 pm

dominion wrote: I can login as this agent from anywhere and make test calls and they are recorded successfully.

I am a little unclear what the difference is between YOU succeeding and HIM failing to record calls. Unless you mean to imply that the Vicidial system doesn't like his voice ... 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby dominion » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:14 am

I totally agree we should update our software - in due time. I switched out the agent's GXP1405 phone for a GXP1200 this morning, removed the handset, and ran his PC and phone ethernet cables to an adjacent cubicle. I placed 7 test calls while logged in as the agent and all were recorded. When he showed up for work, I told him to stay logged in and work as normal. Immediately the recordings stopped again. There had to be something the agent was doing differently from everyone else.

I decided to observe the agent working. When I got to his desk, he wasn't there but his mute button was lit up on the phone. I found out that he always keeps the mute enabled until someone actually answers the call on the other end. We disabled the mute on his phone and I observed a couple test calls. Both were successfully recorded. Does Vici somehow stop recording calls when the phone's mute button is enabled as the call is dialed?

Thanks,

Mike
dominion

Postby dominion » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Apparently I spoke too soon on the phone mute button fix. Recordings stopped again after 2 calls.

I was able to find a short term solution from the Vici manual. I enabled API for my account and put this URL in my browser:

http://server/agc/api.php?source=test&u ... alue=START

Using a Firefox add-on, I can automatically reload the page every 10 minutes or so. This will work for now until we can upgrade Vici software.

Thanks,

Mike
dominion

Postby williamconley » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:46 pm

dominion wrote:Does Vici somehow stop recording calls when the phone's mute button is enabled as the call is dialed?

My first instinct is to say "no, that's impossible". However, Linux does at least six impossible things before breakfast every day. That being said, I'd have to see him (and hear him) talking to a client after removing the mute (and perhaps even listen in to be sure he's Really Talking to Clients) before delving further.

From this description, technically, it's possible this guy never talked to a client and no calls ever were recorded as a result.

Possible until proven otherwise. Use call monitoring from the Real Time screen to verify he's actually talking to someone but not being recorded. On one specific call. With the call logs available to see how this call differs from other calls.

Of course, now you can't because you disabled his mute button. But still ... 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support