why Goauto Dial runs good as compare to vicibox

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

why Goauto Dial runs good as compare to vicibox

Postby ahsan_raza706 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi team , every time i installed vicibox and wo la.. there is kind of issue every time. lets leave all other issues lets talk about answering machine filtration, FAS & Dead call filtration. I dont know how Goauto do it but people are happy from it, Kindly guide me in this regard i tired to use vicibox 9.01 as well but web rtc was not working good, some times answering machine filtration was not good. I even dont know if SIP logging new feature was working the way it should.
here are my current server spec.
Also didnt find any answer regarding if i need to patch asterisk files for verisoin 13.29 for vicibox 9.01, or it has already patched version running to detect FAS and Dead calls etc?

Vicibox 9.01 installed on hosted server, from http://vicibox.org/server/index.html
Asterisk 13.29
Octa Core 16 GB Ram

looking for your answer.
Regards
ahsan_raza706

Re: why Goauto Dial runs good as compare to vicibox

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:32 pm

AMD has apparently not been properly maintained through asterisk 13. Try installing a version with asterisk 11 or earlier.

As for the rest of it, those are all independent "learn as you go" problems that you likely already worked out in your goautodial installation of Vicidial or simply weren't available in Goautodial (and may never be, since it's been a long time ...).

You'll need to work those out for each new installation (for the not working but used to work items) or learn how to use them (for the new features).

Remember that Goautodial is merely an installer, Vicidial is still the software that's running. So your older version of Vicidial running on an older version of Asterisk (from your goautodial install) has been tweaked ... those tweaks will need to be duplicated on any newer (or even the same) version of Vicidial installed with Vicibox (any version).

That being said: There is apparently a known problem with AMD in asterisk 13 as previously mentioned. So using a Vicibox installer which installs an earlier version of asterisk (Vicibox 8.1.X or 8.0.X or 7.0.4 ...) would get you earlier versions of Asterisk in which AMD may work better for you. Note that AMD is not a "Vicidial" module, it's part of Asterisk but not maintained very well or very often as it really shouldn't be used.

FAS is a function of the carrier(s) you use and entirely unrelated to Vicidial.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:42 pm

Copied from a response to a different topic on these forums from a month ago:

We did a thorough analysis of this for a client a few months ago. With Asterisk 11/13 there were underlying changes in how the base functions of Asterisk interacted with AMD and cause it to not work properly. These issues were fixed in Asterisk 13.29.2-vici, but the fix also caused AMD to be able to classify some calls that it previously would not be able to, resulting in those calls being able to be sent to agents, and giving the appearance that AMD was not working as well as it had been. This is the reason we added the Campaign feature "AMD Agent Route Options":

"If enabled and you are using Asterisk AMD, this setting will allow you to define the AMD statuses and responses for calls going through AMD that will be sent to agents, overriding the default which sends all HUMAN and NOTSURE status calls to agents. To see the AMD statuses and responses for the calls that have been logged on your system, go to the AMD Log Report on the Admin Utilities page. The PENDING option for this setting will allow you to click on this option to go to the Modify Settings Container page to edit the settings without making them active yet. Default is DISABLED. The Settings Container for these options allow for multiple lines of settings, with each line containing one AMD status-response pair each separated by a comma. For example:
HUMAN,HUMAN
NOTSURE,TOOLONG"

This option allows AMD to work the way it did in much older versions, but it would not allow those TOOLONG calls to just sit there running up your telco bill as happened in those older versions.

So, if you use the latest VICIbox 9 installer and properly configure the new setting above, you will be better off than using an older Asterisk install.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:05 pm

Assuming, of course, you are using "Asterisk 13.29.2-vici" (ie: Now it works!)

Cool.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ahsan_raza706 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:33 pm

ok i am going to install 9.02 and will update you about AMD.
ahsan_raza706

Postby gequiros » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:39 am

it could be as well a bad carrier giving you a lot of FAS and dead air too

if you need a quality partner to connect your calls, feel free to try us out:

Come 2 VoIP
info@come2voip.com
Phone / WhatsApp: +1-305-209-4241
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web