Local Call Time Issues

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Local Call Time Issues

Postby Jeremyau » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:08 pm

Hi all,

Recently opened a small callcentre and needing assistance with Local Call Time.

Our calling is all Australia based, needs to run 9am-8pm, multiple timeszones. Our Vicidial instance is setup in EST. Campaigns are all outbound and manual dial. I've setup a Local Call Time rule for each Australian state. Start and end time is the EST equivalent of 9am start for that state.

All lists have a number of Dialable leads, so the campaigns overall show up with "This campaign has 0 leads in the dial hopper". I've tried it again using a mix of start times, to see if these had to be listed in a different way, though still no luck. Only way or fixing that is reverting to 24 hour dial - which we need to avoid for legislation reasons of calling states outside the allowed times.

Many of the states are AEST(or AEDT - daylight savings at the moment), GMT+11 right now, though when I export a list, under gmt_offset_now these show as all of GMT 8, 10 and 11 - Could that be breaking the local call times?

I made Manual Call Time Check: Enabled. I tested having the Local Call Time as the name of the group I set up, as well as campaign settings - No luck. All lists have Time Zone Setting: COUNTRY_AND_AREA_CODE.

Is there something else I might've missed here?

Thanks
Jeremyau

Re: Local Call Time Issues

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:49 am

When you insert leads, what is going into the phone_code field?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Jeremyau » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:10 am

mflorell wrote:When you insert leads, what is going into the phone_code field?

Phone_Code is 64, the Australian international dialling code. All mobile/cell numbers here have the same format 04XXXXXXXX. Each state has its own area code.
Jeremyau

Postby okli » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:40 am

Local outbound call times need to be as per lead local time, provided that phone code, server gmt offset and lead gmt offset are accurately set, should not be setting them as calculations of server time.

If you want a lead to be called 8:00-20:00 lead local time, then use this as state calling time and ensure phone code and gmt offset are set correctly, hopper and other scripts will use these values to do the math.
okli

Postby martinch » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:08 pm

It looks like you've got everything setup right...here is my checklist I usually use which may or may not help;

- gmt_offset_now on the leads (looks like you got this all sorted) ✅
    - phone codes for leads (looks to be set there...awesome) ✅
    - call times configured (since you said switching to 24 hours works, it would point to your Call Times being misconfigured possibly due to server offset) ⏳
    - you mentioned state call times but not sure if you're using those. You can check the state column on the leads and the campaign is set to check State calling times or not. The general rule is Local Call Times first, State Call Times second, Holiday Call Times third. ⏳
    - you may want to set Local GMT to your timezone as well. ⏳

You can find the server offset on the Admin Panel -> Admin -> System Settings -> Default Local GMT

Hope this helps.
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Return to Support