Issue with Agent Call Hangup Route and unanswered calls

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Issue with Agent Call Hangup Route and unanswered calls

Postby ccabrera » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:42 pm

I'm having a kind of expected issue while using the "Agent Call Hangup Route" feature.

Agents are doing blended campaigns, and sometimes when they use outbound manual dialing, they run into a phone number which doesn't answer or sends the agent to voicemail, so then the agent decides to hangup the call.

However, if the agent cancels/hangups the call, the customer side is being sent into the configured Call Hangup Route (in this case it's a survey). This is a problem, because now the customer side is inside a survey, but no one was available to answer the call.

We want to keep the call route as the "default" action, but in some cases or dispositions, the agent should have an option to override the route. I first thought on using the "Dispo Call Url" so when the agent dispos the call as "N" or "A", then the call gets hungup by the API. The problem I find with this is that the call gets removed from the agent as soon as then press "Hangup", so the API cannot hangup a call which has already left the agent's session.

Do you have any ideas on how could I stop this from happening for calls which aren't really answered by the customer?

Regards,
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Re: Issue with Agent Call Hangup Route and unanswered calls

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:15 pm

vicidial.php version and build?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ccabrera » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:39 pm

Matt:

Thanks for your reply. Your question made me wonder if this had been fixed recently, so I checked and I was below the SVN version 3692, where you released a fix for this.

I just performed an update and everything seems to be fine now. I'm sorry for not noticing this before.

Regards,
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:56 pm

Thanks for the post-back :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support