Load balance setup

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Load balance setup

Postby bobbymc » Fri May 30, 2008 7:50 pm

i added the iax trunks and setup both servers to be able to talkt o eachother and setup the load balance extensions.. where do i go from here? what is the vdad extension i have to setup in a campaign.. how does this exacly work? formw hat i understand is that i have to register half the people on one server and the other on the next server.. but where do i set the settigns to send the calls to the second server? i think vicidial_server_trunks is the table i modify.. but please direct me to the right place or what i need to do exacly..
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Sat May 31, 2008 3:09 am

First, read and reread the LOAD_BALANCE document.

Then make sure the servers are set to do balance dialing and that your VDAD exten is set to 8368.

What version of astguiclient are you using?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bobbymc » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:57 am

i got the load balancing to work.. what is the difference between MAXIMUM_LIMIT and OVERFLOW_ALLOWED ?
bobbymc

Postby mflorell » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:06 am

You are referring to campaign trunk reservations which can involve load balancing but is not specifically tied to it.

MAXIMUM LIMIT will not allow the campaign to use any more trunks on that server than the number specified, but that campaign will have those trunks reserved just for it's use.

OVERFLOW ALLOWED will allow the campaign to run over that amount if it needs too, but that number of trunks will be guaranteed to be available for that campaign on that server only.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support