Agent interface fields not saving with custom fields

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agent interface fields not saving with custom fields

Postby Trying » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:14 am

Hi

We use most of our standard agent interface fields in our custom fields. However, we have to insert the information in the custom fields when taking a client's details. If we do it like that it updates the standard fields but if we do it the other way around the information does not save in any of the fields.

Within the campaigns without custom fields the information saves in the standard fields without a problem.
Vicibox Redux 3.1.14 64 bit
Asterisk: 1.4.39.2-vici | VERSION: 2.8-433a | BUILD: 140411-1434
Sangoma A102D/E1
Servers: 1 x Database; 1 x Web; 6 x Telephony; 2 x Archive
Outbound and blended ratio 3:1 with full voice recording
No additional software
Trying

Postby mflorell » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:25 am

I really cannot follow what you are saying. Please explain step by step in greater detail what exactly your problem is.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Trying » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:08 am

I have created some campaigns with custom fields. Almost all of the standard fields I also use within my custom fields. For example "comments", "title", "middle_initial" are all duplicated in my custom fields as well.

In a campaign with custom fields I HAVE TO capture the data in the custom fields for it to save. If I capture it in the standard agent fields the data does not save at all. For example, if I capture "comments" in the standard interface it saves in neither the standard interface nor the same field in the custom interface. When I do it the other way around it works though - when I capture in the "comments" field in the custom interface it does save and also updates the standard "comments" field.

In the campaigns without custom fields all data captured in the standard agent fields saves correctly.
Sangoma A102D/E1
No additional software
Trying

Postby williamconley » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:29 pm

i'm not using custom fields right now (no time), but i'm thinking you probably shouldn't have custom fields with the same names as the standard fields. i'd just avoid that possible conflict entirely.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:45 pm

If you are using custom list fields with the same field labels as the standard fields(which is allowed) then you will loose anything entered into those fields on the standard main screen. You should only have your agents use the standard fields as you have defined them in the FORM tab, not the main tab.

It would help if you have the FORM auto-launch at the call arriving at the agent.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Trying » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:05 am

Thanks Matt, that answers my question.
Sangoma A102D/E1
No additional software
Trying

Re: Agent interface fields not saving with custom fields

Postby ClearCall » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:32 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I am having a similar issue. An in-group that uses custom fields are not saving the first and last name. It does save the comments. I do not really use the other fields for this campaign. None of my custom fields are used for first or last name (or any other standard field) and there is no naming conflict. The only place I reference the standard fields is in a mailto link in the agent script. The agent clicks 'Refresh' on the script then clicks the mailto link to generate an email with the information collected on the call. This email generates properly with all the standard and custom fields.
If I go to the lead through the Admin and enter the first and last name, the information is then saved.
The problem seems to occur when there is no caller ID so the lead phone_number is blank.
VERSION: 2.14-620a BUILD: 170623-2142
Asterisk: 1.8.32.0-vici
Installed from Vicibox iso.
Vicibox Redux Ver 6.0.2-140825
Open Suse Leap 42.3
ClearCall

Re: Agent interface fields not saving with custom fields

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:26 pm

ClearCall wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I am having a similar issue. An in-group that uses custom fields are not saving the first and last name. It does save the comments. I do not really use the other fields for this campaign. None of my custom fields are used for first or last name (or any other standard field) and there is no naming conflict. The only place I reference the standard fields is in a mailto link in the agent script. The agent clicks 'Refresh' on the script then clicks the mailto link to generate an email with the information collected on the call. This email generates properly with all the standard and custom fields.
If I go to the lead through the Admin and enter the first and last name, the information is then saved.
The problem seems to occur when there is no caller ID so the lead phone_number is blank.

"seems to occur" needs to go away. Test the theory. If the problem can be reproduced by having no caller ID on an inbound call, that's useful troubleshooting information.

Perhaps it would be good to upgrade to the latest SVN before you decide there's a bug, though.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support