Calls cut out during recording

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Calls cut out during recording

Postby mspangler » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:17 pm

I have a problem where calls drop out during verification. Since it's during verification, the common thread is that the calls are being recorded.

I know this sounds like a loadavg issue, but the average is always below 2, and often is below 1. The machine has 2 dual-core Xeons, and we never have more that 11 agents at a time.

The machine is doing apache in addition to vicidial and asterisk, but mysql is separate.

Any thoughts?

apache-1.2.12.1
libpri-1.2.3
zaptel-1.2.11 (sangoma wanpipe)
astguiclient-2.0.1
asterisk-perl-0.08
mspangler

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:46 pm

Can you explain how you are sending calls to verification?

Do you hear the person hanging up the phone on the recording?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mspangler » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:36 am

We are not using separate closers yet. The same agent simply starts recording the call to verify if the customer has indicated they are interested.

It sounds like this happened on at least 10-15% of the calls that went to recording.

Is there a way I can split out recording or maybe the astiguiclient stuff from the asterisk machine? I'm just trying to think of ways to unburden the server (even if my gut says the loadavg is fine).
mspangler

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:56 pm

The best thing to do would be use a RAM drive if possible. Then you use the AST_CRON_mix_recording script to copy the files off to a separate server every 5 minutes. This will help a lot with most heavy recording issues.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support