How to set up a SIP Extension that goes to external number?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to set up a SIP Extension that goes to external number?

Postby johnser » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Version of VICIDIAL : 2.2.1-237
Vicibox 3.1.5 ISO Install
VOIP - SIP Trunks
OpenSUSE
Manager Manual 2.2.0

What i am trying to do is dial extension 168 and the call goes to 702715XXXX,
it is possible?
johnser

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:05 pm

you can set up a "phone" in the system as EXTERNAL for type instead of "SIP" or "IAX". Read the manual.

Describe the purpose a little more thoroughly and we may be able to help more. Are you trying to set up an extension for agents to dial to get the manager's cell phone for help during the day or ...?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby johnser » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:25 pm

I read this EXTERNAL option but does not work, maybe i am misunderstanding the manual, what i need is dial a extension "168" and the extension goes to an external number 702715XXXX, this is for one case something you describe, agents help from the IT guy (who is me) and other case in a survey campaign when the customer press one of the options goes to a external number

in trixbox i set up this on extension device options something like

DIAL : 702715XXXX@outbound-trunk
johnser

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:46 pm

the concept is that the "Dial Plan Number" for the EXTERNAL phone must be "dialable" by the dial plan in your system. Once you can "log in" as this phone (via the phone login and phone password) it is a "Phone" on the system. Then you can tackle the "how to DIAL TO" this phone from any other phone inside the system.

Accomplish that step, and then we'll move forward (although I'm betting once you get past the ability to log in to a campaign as this phone, being external, you'll easily resolve the rest :))
williamconley

Postby johnser » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:14 pm

There is a way to establish a connection between vicidial and my trixbox server to call from vicidial extension on trixbox?

My idea is use vicidial as a dialer and pick up extensions that i already have on trixbox?
johnser

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Vicidial can call an extension on trixbox. This can be done with SIP or with IAX. There are various methods, all of which have their own uses. Since both are "asterisk" servers this is a fairly common concept. PLEASE, however, do not try to use Vicidial to generate a call and dial "through" a Trixbox (ie: using trixbox as a carrier for vicidial is NOT a great idea because vicidial's capacity is huge and will blow a way a trixbox machine and crash it)

Which leads me to ... what is "pick up extensions"?
williamconley

Postby johnser » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Wath i am trying is...

I have a 702-XXX-XXXX as an inbound group on trixbox, so wen you call that
number rings on ext 100 101 102 103 104 that are agents with hard-phones,
something like customer service, now i need to set up a survey campaign for
this customers, if they choose option 1 go to sales, opt 2 customer service,
so number 1 go to agents on my vicidial (no problem), number 2 go to
702-XXX-XXXX customer service on trixbox, thats the reason that im trying to
call an external number from a extension on vicidial, but i can call the
extension on trixbox from vici?

Other thing is when the agents are talking with customers sometimes they
need to transfer the customer to me to explain something about the service
that they are selling, so ext 168 on trixbox go to my cellphone. If i can
call the extension 168 on trixbox from vicidial works for me.
johnser

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:41 pm

i got a lot of trixbox stuff in there, but i think i missed the vicidial.

you have calls that are inbound going to trixbox and ringing in a queue to land at one of four agents in trixbox. How did that person get to Vicidial? (they are at an agent ... in trixbox ... does the agent transfer them to an IVR? Is the IVR in Vicidial? I think I may have missed this step, but maybe I got it).

I'm also not sure it's related to the question.

Ultimately, I think your question is that when a customer is in an IVR (ie: the menu) in Vicidial, how do you transfer them to the Trixbox system to a Specific Extension. This is done via SIP or IAX. An easy method may to be to set up an "Extension" for Vicidial inside Trixbox (ie: using FreePBX, create a SIP or IAX extension), then use those credentials to set up a Carrier in Vicidial. If this carrier has a special prefix to be sure to get to THAT carrier, then when you dial via that prefix with the extension number, vicidial will call via the trixbox "carrier", using that "Extension", and dial the supplied number as if it were an actual extension in Trixbox. Which should connect to the extension just like any other Trixbox dialed phone.

there are lots of other methods. :)
williamconley

Postby johnser » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:49 pm

No, i think i don't explain my self, but your solution looks good, so i am gonna try it
johnser

Postby johnser » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Here i am, i set up the trixbox as a carrier as you told me, and it works, let me try to xplein my self again about what i am doing with this.

Vicidial call a list of customers with a survey campaign

VICIDIAL -------Survey-------> CUSTOMER

If the customer are interested on the service and press 1 option the call is transfer to an agent on extension [100] (100 are sales agents on vicidial)

VICIDIAL<-------Sales---------CUSTOMER

If the customer have any question on the service and press 2 option the call is transfer to an agent on extension [3][200] (3 is for use trixbox as a acarrier 200 are customer service agents on trixbox)

------------------------VICIDIAL-------------------------------
TRIXBOX<-------CUSTOMER SERVICE---------CUSTOMER

And of course the agents on vicidial can call to extension [3][168] to call me for help

TRIXBOX<---168----VICIDIAL

This works pretty good for me, THANKS william for your help and your quickly answers.

If somebody wants to know how i can do this just ask me and i will be happy to help you.
johnser

Postby williamconley » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:41 pm

good postback. :)

and i hope some day you graduate to a "FreePBX" system without Trixbox in it :)
williamconley

Custom Extension/DID and external dialing

Postby keymagic » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:40 pm

I am very interested in getting the same thing setup on my server. I have the same version of vicidial and would like to setup an extension that would dial an outside number (Ei: 9495551212).

I would also like to know if anyone knows how I can setup a DID in vicidial that would point to an Ingroup of vicidial. I do not have an actual DID phone number from any provider, but from what I understand, I can create a custom DID (like 12345) to have it dial into the ingroup. Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.
keymagic

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:10 pm

you can do that with a custom extension OR just by putting a "phone" in the trunkinbound context instead of the default context, depending on your purpose.

if you use the extension method, an easy method would be to copy the "trunkinbound" dialplan into an exten in default by putting it into a carrier and using an actual extension "55555" instead of a pattern like "_X.". Remember that all the lines are required. :)

if your goal is just to be able to test your inbound before you get your DID, putting a phone in the trunkinbound context will allow you to use that phone to test your DID as a "fake" inbound call.
williamconley

Postby keymagic » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, but I am a bit new on inbound call routing. What I am trying to do is setup up a press 1 campaign so when a customer presses 1, they are transferred to an ingroup to a waiting agent. I am not sure what the external extension should be set to, but if I have to create it I would love to find out how. I am able to identify the extensions.conf file and the info for trunkinbound:

[trunkinbound]
DID call routing process
exten => _X.,1,AGI(agi-DID_route.agi)

I am not sure where to put this in the carrier or extension to get it to work. Please advise in laymans terms, if you can, lol.
keymagic

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:25 pm

what is the reason behind them being transferred to an ingroup instead of to a campaign (with agents waiting ...)? (the way it's already designed to work ...?)

if you transfer them to a campaign and set your drop action to an ingroup, of course, you'll get that behavior without any code modifications to the system.
williamconley

Postby keymagic » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Great! I got it working now. Thanks sooo much for your help. You sure know your stuff!

Now I am trying to set it so that an extension in vicidial can talk to an extension I have setup in freepbx on the same server. I have vicidial with the 100 set ext and freepbx with the 200 set. But when I register a softphone with, say, ext 105 and try to call 205, I get a 404 Not Found error. Any ideas on how I can get them to talk to each other? Even when I set my phone as ext 205 and try to dial 206, I get the same error. it may be a context thing, but I am lost.

I would be grateful for any help, if you can.
keymagic

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:20 pm

did you say you have freepbx and vicidial "on the same server"?

You're gonna have to pull a WHOLE new post for this and follow the rules by posting your configuration/installation info before you begin.
williamconley

Postby shafique » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:39 am

William!

Your knowledge is rocking here again :D

i need you suggestion as well,, i am stuck into a scnerio where i am running a survey, and if customer presses 1, i want that customer to be transferred into another server's Queue which is on FreePBX.

i have read your idea for transferring call to the extension and use FreePBX as carrier, but i want to skip the extension and be directly into the queue, can you bring up some idea, i am sure you CAN!

Thanks in Advance
GoAutoDial CE 2.1 (ISO Installed)
VERSION: 2.4-309a
BUILD: 110430-1642
Asterisk 1.4.39.1-vici
Kernel 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5.goPAE (SMP)

WAINS Solutions
Cell : 92-333-4466466
Email : shafique@wainssolutions.com
shafique

Re: How to set up a SIP Extension that goes to external numb

Postby rahul4tech » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:22 am

Hello If Any One Can Please Help Me

Vicidial Detail :
Installer - GoAutoDial CE 2.1
asterisk - 1.4.39.1
--------------------------------------------------------------
I Have Created Call menu For DID, Straight Away DID LAND ON Call menu And There Are Three Option
0 => Repeat Call Menu
1 => Transfer ( Brief Explanation: This Transfer Is Not On ANY Local Extension Transfer But Basically It Dial A Number Outside Vicdial With The Help Of Option "ROUTE: Extension" AND Adding Number in "EXTENSION" AND "CONTEXT=default"
2 => Hangup

Now This Works Fine,
But The Main Problem Is I Am Confused How To Get DETAIL Call LOGS of This Particular DID/CALL MENU Like "XXXXXXXXXX" Number Came To My Vicidial And Customer Pressed 1 And vicidial Transferred/Dialed My Number Or Customer Pressed 2 FOR "Not Interested(NI)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Approach I Tried To Get Call Logs Was:
i created Two IN_GROUPS AND 2 List ID
First List ID Fill Call Transferred Number. eg list id=001
Second List ID Fill Cal NI(Hangup) . eg list id =002
BOTH IN_GROUPS Had OPTION "No AGENT NO QUEUE"

Now For Options
Press 1=> Transfer Via Option "Route=INGROUP" With "LIST ID=001" =====> Ingroup Setting "No AGENT NO QUEUE=YES" AND "No Agent No Queue Action=EXTENSION" AND "Extension: MY Number To Be Dialed OUTSIDE" with "Context=default"

Press 2=> Transfer Via Option "Route=INGROUP" With "LIST ID=002" =====> Ingroup Setting "No AGENT NO QUEUE=YES" AND "No Agent No Queue Action=MESSAGE" AND "AUdio File : "thankyou|vm-goodbye"

Now This Works Fine Option 1) Call Gets Transferred And List Id 001 Get Filled With Number Details AND Option 2) Call Gets Hangup With Audio And Detail Filled In List id 002

But Problem Here Is That From Here When Call Gets Transferred /DIALLED My Number Via Option 1 The "CUSTOMER" Caller ID IS NOT Sent To My External Number

My Dial PLAN HAS
exten => _9XXXXXX.,n,SipAddHeader(P-Asserted-Identity: ${CALLERID(num)})

But On CLI I SEE "0000000000" IS PASSED on Asserted IDENTITY, I KNOW THere IS Something I Recall That When Call Goes To INGROUP THE CID CHANGES TO SOME RANDOM LIKE "VD09377928399839" TO MAKE IT UNIQUE, I READ SOMEWHERE"
---------------------------------------
In Short I Want To Get All Details Of Call Which Are Transferred Or Hangup With customer callerid passed to external number
rahul4tech

Postby Acidshock » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:20 pm

I don't want to just post something that is unhelpful but you are hijacking this thread. Can you post this into a new topic? To answer your question I don't believe there is a report that will show that however I am not familiar with the GoAutoDial flavor. They do have a lot more "spice" in their interface and reporting.
VERSION: 2.14-698a | BUILD: 190207-2301 | Asterisk:13.24.1-vici | Vicibox 8.1.2
Acidshock

Postby rahul4tech » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:59 am

All rite i am posting in new thread thank you.
rahul4tech

Re:

Postby xenia2608 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:53 pm

williamconley wrote:i got a lot of trixbox stuff in there, but i think i missed the vicidial.

you have calls that are inbound going to trixbox and ringing in a queue to land at one of four agents in trixbox. How did that person get to Vicidial? (they are at an agent ... in trixbox ... does the agent transfer them to an IVR? Is the IVR in Vicidial? I think I may have missed this step, but maybe I got it).

I'm also not sure it's related to the question.

Ultimately, I think your question is that when a customer is in an IVR (ie: the menu) in Vicidial, how do you transfer them to the Trixbox system to a Specific Extension. This is done via SIP or IAX. An easy method may to be to set up an "Extension" for Vicidial inside Trixbox (ie: using FreePBX, create a SIP or IAX extension), then use those credentials to set up a Carrier in Vicidial. If this carrier has a special prefix to be sure to get to THAT carrier, then when you dial via that prefix with the extension number, vicidial will call via the trixbox "carrier", using that "Extension", and dial the supplied number as if it were an actual extension in Trixbox. Which should connect to the extension just like any other Trixbox dialed phone.

there are lots of other methods. :)

sorry for bumping this very old post .
Thanks to william for his intelligence .I am routing all survey calls to pbx agents using remote agent in vicidial to external number (set up in freepbx). In this way i was paying double amount for voip carrier . Now seems i can route survey calls to freepbx without using actual voip carrier . I Will try to implement this setup and update here.

update
It worked and now i am setting this up in production server .
Thanks
VERSION: 2.14-719a BUILD: 190930-2110 |Asterisk 13.27.0-vici|
|1xDatabase-Standalone|
RAM:16GB DDR4 2133 MHZ|SSD:256 GB|Intel Xeon E3 1240v6|Core 4x3.70 GHz
|1xWeb and Telephony|
RAM:16GB DDR4 2133 MHZ|SSD:512 GB|Intel Xeon E3 1240v6|Core 4x3.70 GHz
xenia2608

Return to Support