Dial Plan Setup - VICIbox server 3.1.8

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dial Plan Setup - VICIbox server 3.1.8

Postby btbt » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:24 am

Hi,

I'm having some issues setting up the dial plan entry. I have read through the forums and the mangers manual but don't seem to be able to make it work.

I found a dialplan from a person in Australia but I cannot make that one work either.

I installed VICIbox server 3.1.8 ISO and I'm using VOIP - IAX2. I have setup a softphone and I can make calls outbound from the softphone, but cannot get the calls to go to the softphone (extn 200) from the Agent screen (with leads loaded from the hopper - manual dial). It rings as if there is a dial tone, but does not make the outbound call. Then is hangs up.

I think the issue is with the dialplan - I have loaded my test leads with '64' country code and then the number '523-XXXX' (where the x's are real numbers). My dial plan which allows outbound calls from the softphone is: (9 is the prefix for the campaign)

exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/028896XXXX/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,2,Hangup

I have also been working on this: (this one is similar to the Australian dial plan)

exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/02889XXXX/${EXTEN:2},60,tTor)
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,2,Hangup

I think it could be the 64 country code messing it up? If I try to ring a number from the softphone with the country code it does not work, it will however work with the area code (eg. '09') ... the number format looks like this:

09 523 XXXX

The full country code would look like this:

+64 9 523 XXXX

I have loaded my leads like this:

523 XXXX

=======================

Any help is much appreciated - I'm new to Asterisk

Thanks
btbt

Postby boybawang » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:31 am

pm me i will help you out
Vicidial Installation + Configuration + Support + Custom Development
Download my ebook on installing vicidial for free http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/VIC ... 100331.pdf
m: +639172063730
boybawang

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:49 am

You need to read the manual. the sample dialplans in the carriers all include a first line that is not optional. that first line is what "connects" each call to vicidial. without it, your system will not function. each "dialplan entry" will be at least THREE lines. the first one will be the vicidial startup, then comes dial, then hangup.

have you downloaded the manual from eflo.net?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby btbt » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:02 am

williamconley wrote:You need to read the manual. the sample dialplans in the carriers all include a first line that is not optional. that first line is what "connects" each call to vicidial. without it, your system will not function. each "dialplan entry" will be at least THREE lines. the first one will be the vicidial startup, then comes dial, then hangup.

have you downloaded the manual

Hi William

Yes, I have read the manual cover to cover a lot over the last few days. I have tried with and without the line you mention, but I did not realise how important it is.

With the extra line, the call will ring a few times then say in the agents screen, then drops the call in the softphone (yet still says 'live' in the agents screen) .. it does not ring the external number (in this case '523XXXX')

I'm wonding if the issue is the '64' country code causing the issue? as my VOIP provider does not like the country code dialled first - just the area code, then the number, eg. 09523XXXX

Here is my full dial plan:

exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial(IAX2/02889XXXX/${EXTEN:2},60,tTor)
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,3,Hangup

exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/02889XXXX/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,2,Hangup

Is there something incorrect with my syntax above? or missing something?

--
Thanks
btbt

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 am

1) You are getting closer! But this is an ALL or nuthin thing. So do it "by the book"

2)

I don't have time to look for the book ... so here's my version of it 8):

in your carrier setup (admin->carriers):

Carrier ID:
Code: Select all
shortname

Carrier Name:
longername

Registration String:
register => user:pass@xxxx.xxxx.com

Template ID:
NONE

Account Entry:
[shortnamematchingglobalsstring]
context=trunkinbound
type=friend
host=xxx.xxx.com
auth=md5
username=XXXX
secret=YYYY
disallow=all
allow=all
nat=no

Protocol
SIP

Globals String
DIAL9TRUNK = SIP/shortnamematchingglobalsstring

Dialplan Entry:
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(${DIAL9TRUNK}/${EXTEN:1},,To)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

Server IP:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Active:
Y
You'll need to modify this slightly for your install. DO NOT omit anything, just make changes (unless your provider tells you specifically, for instance that auth=md5 needs to be removed)

You'll need to change 91NXXNXXXXXX to a dial string correct for YOUR locale. You'll need to change "EXTEN:1" to :2 if you want to remove TWO digits from the front of your dial string instead of 1. Check with your carrier as to whether a leading 0 or 1 is required for calls. (Presently it is set to :1 because the "9" at the front of the dial string is the dial prefix from the campaign. It's purpose was ONLY to bring the call to this carrier setup and may now be discarded as it cannot be sent to the carrier. Do not delete this number ... until you have TWO active carriers. Then you'll understand 8)).

Do NOT change "context=trunkinbound". It is there to allow inbound calls through this provider and is NOT used for any other purpose. Changing it will not fix anything, but may break something.
williamconley

Postby btbt » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:15 pm

williamconley wrote:1) You'll need to change 91NXXNXXXXXX to a dial string correct for YOUR locale. You'll need to change "EXTEN:1" to :2 if you want to remove TWO digits from the front of your dial string instead of 1. Check with your carrier as to whether a leading 0 or 1 is required for calls. (Presently it is set to :1 because the "9" at the front of the dial string is the dial prefix from the campaign. It's purpose was ONLY to bring the call to this carrier setup and may now be discarded as it cannot be sent to the carrier. Do not delete this number ... until you have TWO active carriers. Then you'll understand 8))..

Ok, all settings done. Still the same issue, but I tried something a bit different, I tried loading my leads without phone code (I load my leads custom via an excel spreadsheet).

Anyways, this time it did ring, my not my test person, some random person - the number format is suppose to be:

649520XXXX

But its dialling:

64991520XX

So I played around with removing numbers off the front and found this to work:

exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial(IAX2/02889XXXX/${EXTEN:1},,tTor)

exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/02889XXXX/${EXTEN:2})
exten => _X.,2,Hangup

---------------

So great so long as I don't want to make a national call (with area code) and my softphone will no longer make outbound calls, as I'm dropping numbers off the front :( but it will connect the call through vicidial!

Sigh, I guess thats a problem or another day - unless someone out there can figure this horrible dialplan out for me? I really have no clue, it doesn't make logical sense to me and really, its a miracle its this far!
btbt

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:04 pm

exten => _X.,2,Hangup
take this out

never us _X in the main dial plan area. it will intercept "system" calls you do not want it to. always use a full dial pattern with more than 6 required digits 8)
williamconley

Postby btbt » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:31 pm

williamconley wrote:
exten => _X.,2,Hangup
take this out

never us _X in the main dial plan area. it will intercept "system" calls you do not want it to. always use a full dial pattern with more than 6 required digits 8)

Done, and thanks William it works just as you said it would. However, I still have the area code issue and the issue that my softphone can not dial out - but I'm so tired of looking at this, I'll worry about it later when it becomes an issue (for now, local calling is fine).

For those wondering, this is my full dialplan is:

exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial(IAX2/02889XXXX/${EXTEN:1},,tTor)

--
Thanks
btbt

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:13 pm

when dialing with your soft phone, do you dial 9XXXXXXXXXX?
williamconley

Return to Support