separating vicidial from asterisk

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

separating vicidial from asterisk

Postby mspangler » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:13 pm

I've been thinking about separating vicidial from asterisk to help with potential load issues.

What snags, issues or other things I need to be aware of when doing this? Is it as simple as running the scratch install doc and adding the asterisk servers to the server table?

When recording happens, I guess it will occur locally on each asterisk server? And if so, I guess I would at least need to install the audio processing scripts on the asterisk servers, unless I use NFS?

I appreciate any insight from those who may be running them separately.

Thanks!
mspangler

Postby mflorell » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm

With the new FastAGI logging, the load is greatly reduced and you can move the VICIDIAL logging off to another server as well as the bin scripts. The other AGI script would have to stay on the Asterisk server along with the sound files and the recordings.

I would recommend just doing a full install on both servers and then make sure that the telnet address and server IP on the VICIDIAL server is the server_ip of the Asterisk server.

In my experience it is better to just have two Asteirsk/VICIDIAL servers load balanced than to try to separate Asterisk from VICIDIAL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support