Agent receiving calls of meetmes in use

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agent receiving calls of meetmes in use

Postby jarubio » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Hi all,
I've some agents receiving calls from conferences already in use, I read on a past topic that this happen because this agents are not loggin out correctly, so, my question is , there is any way to make some routine that correctly logoff the agents when they are login in on the vicidial?

Or it is possible to detect this sessions , in order to make a cron job to delete them?

Thank you in advance.
jarubio

Postby mflorell » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:22 pm

I have though of offering an option to not delete sessions during the day. This is how VICIDIAL used to work, but it could cause problems with many different agents logging in across different shifts during the same day. That part could be fixed by just adding more vicidial_conferences, but I have not decided what solution is best overall for now.

If you look in the forums you can find a code snippet that if you comment it out will not delete session reservations in vdc_db_query.php which should solve some of your problems, but may cause others.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jarubio » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:38 pm

Thank you for your response,
I dont understand very how the session affect the agents login, could you please explain this to me? Because I don't understand what I need to do.

The problem is very huge when we've a peak hour with 100 agents at the same time.

Thank you.
jarubio

Postby mflorell » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:08 pm

How many servers do you have those 100 agents on? Please describe your entire setup.

As for how session_id allocation works, When an agent logs in they grab an available session from vicidial_conferences. That agent will keep this session until they logout. When the agent is done they should click the logout link and hangup their phone. Sometimes agents will just close their browser or leave their phone off-hook which causes these problems.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jarubio » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:24 pm

We've one multiprocessor server with the Database and Webserver, and 5 single servers with 20 agents each one,without autodial at this moment. We are using IDEFISK Iax softphones, this mean that when the agent click the logout link the conference hung up too. But yes, we've some agents closing their browsers without the logout link. So, we are looking for a solution to the sessions problem, in a peak hour, the're 3 or 4 agents on the same meetme conferences.

As I understand, if the agent don't click the logout link, the session will be not released but other agent can grab it, and the problem is when the first agent log in again and grab the same session?

There're any way to make the correct logout process all times the agent log in ?
jarubio

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:50 am

The programming problem is how do you invalidate a session that was not properly logged out?

How do you know an agent meant to log out when they may have just left their browser open or their phone off-hook to go on a break?

I plan on adding an option in 2.0 to allow for non resetting sessions after logout which would mean that they would only be reset after shifts or at night when the reset_mysql_vars script runs.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jarubio » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:45 am

Well, there any way to solve my problem until you release the 2.0 version?
jarubio

Postby jarubio » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:01 am

I've seen on the web_client_sessions that there are repeated extensions with multiple session ids, this is what you mean?

The table vicidial_live_agents is always empty.

This problem is now very bad. Many users are receiving calls from other conferences. I neet to do something..

Thank you.
jarubio

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:24 am

In vdc_db_query.php comment out the ($rslt=mysql_query($stmt, $link)) in these lines:

$stmt="UPDATE vicidial_conferences set extension='' where server_ip='$server_ip' and conf_exten='$conf_exten';";
if ($DB) {echo "$stmt\n";}
$rslt=mysql_query($stmt, $link);
$vc_remove = mysql_affected_rows($link);

This will prevent clearing out of the vicidial_conferences record.

Let me know how that works for you.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jarubio » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:23 am

no, this is worst, the agents trying to log in, are not receiving the meetme conference and cannot dial customers. I've added 30 more conferences to each server, but there are not being used.
jarubio

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:49 am

Did you add the meetme.conf, extensions.conf entries as well as vicidial_conferences entries for those new sessions for each server?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jarubio » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:56 am

Yes, on the BD server I've added all conferences on these files, and on each server I've added their own conferences, configured on the vicidial_conferences.
jarubio

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:27 pm

Did you reload asterisk on each server?

What exactly happens when the agents cannot get into their sessions?

Did you set the "extension" column in the vicidial_conferences to "" blank before you changed the code? (you should only do that during a break.)
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jarubio » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:07 pm

Yes , I reloaded asterisks after I added their confences, but not after I changed the code. I did not update the extension column either.

When I changed the code, some agents logged in into the vicidial, but their softphone did not receive the meetme, the dial next button has no action.

I changed the code again to original mode.

When the agents are using the same conferences, I just see the following:

In the vicidial client the same conference number is shown.
In the vicidial_conferences table just one extension is on extension column.

Regards,
jarubio

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:31 pm

You will have to post some output from Asterisk CLI of when the agents try to login.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jarubio » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:45 pm

Ok, as I understood, I need to do this process:

1.-logoff all users on vicidial
2.-update extension column on vicidial_conferences to blank
3.-change the code uncommenting the update lines.
4.-reload all asterisk servers.
5.-All agents log in again to vicidial.
6.-If the problem of the agent that not receive the meetme call, capture log on asterisk CLI and post to you.

I will try to do that this afternoon.

Do you have any idea of why the new conferences I added are not beign used? The only issue that I can see is that there unordered on the vicidial_conferences table.

Thank you
jarubio

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:31 pm

jarubio wrote:Do you have any idea of why the new conferences I added are not beign used? The only issue that I can see is that there unordered on the vicidial_conferences table.

That's what the Asterisk CLI output should tell us. It is probably a misconfiguration somewhere.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jarubio » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:59 pm

The problem is that when I've the original code on vdc_db_query.php, there are not calls for the new meetme conferences on the asterisk CLI, so, there are not errors.
jarubio

Postby jarubio » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:14 pm

Before I started to work here, the vicidial was running on a single server with all agents, obviously with a lot of problems and asterisk hunged up every 15 'minutes. But, the problem with he conferences was'nt occured. The version 1.1.0 was intalled, but I upgraded to 1.1.12-3 in order to make the multi-server confguration.

My question is why the problem with meetme conferences was not ocurred before, because the version , the multi-server configuration or some misconfiguration?

Regards,
jarubio

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:50 pm

Not sure, that's a really old version. We do not have these problems on our 100+ seat system that runs 1.1.12-3 so I don't know what your specific problem could be.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support