Answer Machine Detect (AMD) Settings

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Answer Machine Detect (AMD) Settings

Postby mrloofer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:39 am

Hi - I am using AMD to detect voicemail and answering machines and am wondering if anyone here can share with me their settings that are optimized or tweaked for maximum detection of voicemail and answering machines? It seems to me that the default settings as suggested within the app's documentation are not fully optimized. I'm sure others have tweaked them and if you can share what works for you that would be a great help!

Here's mine: AMD(3500|1500|300|5000|120|50|5|256)

Thanks a lot!
mrloofer

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:04 am

It really depends on the kind of lines you have and your carrier so you will have to do tests and figure out what works best for you. One set of settings may work great for someone on RBS T1s, but it may work horribly for someone on IAX trunks.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mrloofer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:09 am

I am using IAX2. But do you know which settings are the ones that typically need tweaking? I see that some of the settings are common amongst others but it's typically the first 1-4 settings are the ones to pay attention to. But changing up them up/down at random doesnt seem to be getting me anywhere.

Thanks.
mrloofer

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:28 am

AMD is very difficult to calibrate. We ran thousands of calls through before we came up with our settings, then the settings that are now the default are the result of another user calibrating after running over 10,000 calls. You just have to change something then run calls, then analyze then do it again.

It also helps to have a few controls in your lists where they are known answering machines and voicemails that you can use to see if the sensitivity is working.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mrloofer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:34 am

Sounds like it's going to take me ahwile! :) One thing I wanted to ask: After AMD has returned it's analysis I perform a waitforsilence(2000) so that in theory it's waiting 2 seconds of silence which typically follows a beep. The problem with this is that sometimes the call is being answered and not recognized as a human and then there is 2 second pause. At the point the person hangs up. So do you have a similiar wait for silence in your dial plans?
mrloofer

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:10 am

It all depends on the campaign. When we want to leave a message on a machine the call is sent to another exten by VICIDIAL which may do the waitforsilence. Sometimes we don't want that so we just dump it.

In truth we don't really use AMD that much since our leads are worth a lot to us and the potential of hanging up on even 0.01% of the possible live connects is not worth us using it. Not tomention the delay it adds to all live calls whether they be AM or not in getting ot an agent.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support