Average Wait Times.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Average Wait Times.

Postby enjay » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:01 pm

While I know the AVG Wait Times are highly dependant on many things including list quality.

Does anyone know a site where I can find standard/avg wait times.

Im seeing some campaigns run at an ~15-18 second wait times while others are ~30-45seconds.

Getting several people to post their avg wait times vs their quality of list etc would be very helpful. Be as descriptive as you like.

Thanks,
enjay
enjay

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:20 pm

list quality and AMD use are the big factors in this. With a junky list dialing at a 4.0 dial level, AMD not in use and 50 fronter agents will have about 8 seconds of average hold time for agents between calls. Most of these calls are answering machines but if AMD is turned on for these lists the wait time goes to over a minute, and if we have pre-filtered lists the dial level can go all the way down to 1.2 with a sub 15-second wait time.

Average hold time and average wait time are not things that are specific to software or the kind of PBX that you are using they are entirely dependant onbusiness factors.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby roche » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:57 am

mflorell wrote:list quality and AMD use are the big factors in this. With a junky list dialing at a 4.0 dial level, AMD not in use and 50 fronter agents will have about 8 seconds of average hold time for agents between calls. Most of these calls are answering machines but if AMD is turned on for these lists the wait time goes to over a minute, and if we have pre-filtered lists the dial level can go all the way down to 1.2 with a sub 15-second wait time.

Average hold time and average wait time are not things that are specific to software or the kind of PBX that you are using they are entirely dependant onbusiness factors.

In some times I have noticed that there is a directly relation between Average Wait times and the drop rate.

In my case I have seem 0.35 - 0.40 sec Average wait whit the following information.

Dial time out: 24 sec
Auto Dial Level: 4
Drop rate: 1%
AMD: enable

What do you mean "quality of list" ?

Total A + AM Calls : 8376
Automatic Answering Machine Detected: 71.75%
Manual Answering Machine Detected: 28.25%

Total N + NA Calls : 20926
AVG NA: 97.30%
AVG N: 2.70%
Last edited by roche on Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
roche

Postby mflorell » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:03 am

list quality would be the contact rate of the list that you get.

If you are receiving a recycled list from another call center that is sending you it's A, NA, N statuses you will have a horrible wait time and contact ratio. If you are getting a brand new customer list from some kind of source like an opt-in customer list then you will have a much better contact ratio.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby enjay » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:45 am

In my case I am using current and old lists that have not yet been filtered through, once going through the entire list(s) (from 2001-2006) Im sure the contact ratio will be much higher but to weed out disconnects, wrong names, etc in a 6 year old list is going to be a time consuming task.

Im working with

6 agent dialing local dial level of 7 - seeing wait averages between 15 and 30 seconds

additionally there is

6 agents dialing long distance level of 7 - seeing wait averages between 30-1:30. This is entirely due to the list Im sure.

I'd really just like to establish a baseline people are working off of so I can approach the customer and explain their wait avg.

-enjay
enjay

Return to Support