Transfer not working

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Transfer not working

Postby lyxn2011 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 am

Hello all,

I am facing problems while transferring calls.

During a call when I click on 'Transfer-conf' and the click on 'AGENTS' it does not show me the other logged in agents in the popup screen. When I turn on the warnings in php it shows me the following warning on the popup page
Code: Select all
Warning: sort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/agc/vdc_db_query.php on line 8105

I am also unable to transfer to an external number. I enter the 'Number to call' and then click on 'Dial with customer', now if the call to external number fails (no answer or busy) even then the 'Hangup xfer line' button remains greyed out and I am unable to click on that to disconnect and dial another external number. The 'Hangup xfer line' gets enabled only if the call to external number connects.

Please help.

Scratch install
Operating sys: Slackware 13
mysql: 5.0.84
Asterisk: 1.4.26.2
VicidialVERSION: 2.4-334a BUILD: 110831-2038
Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation
lyxn2011

Postby mflorell » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:31 pm

That means that there are no available agents to transfer to, or you have no allowable user groups selected in your user group for status view.

But this should put up a nice notice instead of an error, so please post this to the Issue Tracker so that we can look into making this more user friendly.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby lyxn2011 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:59 am

I had the following settings
Dial Method: Manual
Allow Closers: Y
Allow Inbound and Blended: N
Default Transfer Group: Agentdirect
Allowed Transfer Groups: Agentdirect

I changed the settings to
Dial Method: Inbound_Man
Allow Closers: Y
Allow Inbound and Blended: Y
Default Transfer Group: Agentdirect
Allowed Transfer Groups: Agentdirect
Allowed Inbound Groups: Y

And now the popup shows the other logged in agents.

But when I click on an agent and do a 'Dial with customer' asterisk console shows the following error (I tried transferring to an agent named 7701, the agent was logged in and his status was showing ready)

Code: Select all
NOTICE[12332]: chan_local.c:504 local_call: No such extension/context 7701@default while calling Local channel
NOTICE[12332]: channel.c:3240 __ast_request_and_dial: Unable to call channel Local/7701@default

Doesn't transfer work when dial method is Manual? Do I need to check any other settings or make any changes to extensions.conf?

Also I am still unable to transfer to an external phone number
lyxn2011

Postby mflorell » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:04 pm

If you click on the Dial With Customer button for an AGENTDIRECT transfer you have to have the CONSULTATIVE checkbox checked, otherwise if you want to do a blind transfer you have to use the Local Closer button. This is detailed in the agent manual.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby lyxn2011 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:14 am

Thanks, I got this working. While doing a Dial With Customer I checked the CONSULTATIVE checkbox and the call now gets transferred to the second agent.

But still I am still facing a few issues. After transferring the call the first agent leaves the 3 way call and the call is now handled by the second agent. When this agent does a Hangup customer it does not hangup the call, the line goes blank but still remains up. After a few minutes the customer hears a 'you have been kicked from this conference' message and the line gets disconnected.

Also the problem in transfer to external numbers still exists.
lyxn2011

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:20 am

For external numbers you can try using a different 3way dial prefix of "88" which will loopback and for an Answer locally so you can hear ringing time.

As for the leave 3way hangup issue, that's how it works. There is a way to make the hangup faster, but it involves altering the default crontab entries.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby lyxn2011 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:09 am

I used the loopback for external numbers and transfers are now working perfectly. Thank you mflorell.

What are the changes in crontab entries to make the hangup faster?
lyxn2011

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:15 am

Change this line:

* * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_keepalive_ALL.pl
To this:
* * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_keepalive_ALL.pl --cu3way

Change this line:

* * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_conf_update.pl
To this:
* * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_conf_update.pl --no-vc-3way-check

Wait one minute after you have made these changes then do "screen -ls" and check to see that a "ASTconf3way" screen is present.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Transfer not working

Postby tgalan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:06 pm

Hello Matt

I'm having the with the no hangup on the customer after the 3way call...

I follow your steps to make the changes on the crontab, after it I start seeing the error:
== Connect attempt from '127.0.0.1' unable to authenticate

Had this happen to you?

My manager.conf entries are the ones install by vicidial-express using the Vicibox 7 ISO....

Installation Details:
Vicidibox-7.0.3
Version: 2.12b0.5
BUILD: 160414-1013
SVN Version: 2534
tgalan

Return to Support