Consultants

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Consultants

Postby techgrowth » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:54 pm

I have contacted everyone on http://astguiclient.sourceforge.net/consultants.html and still have not secured someone to assisit with my installation. One group called back but was too busy right now and said they would call back but have not. I am looking for someone who can setup a multi-server configuration for my small call room.

We have only 8 agents right now and will want to build something for now that can accomodate up to 20-25 agents. Looking at using mixed VoIP and couple T1.

I am a expert windows admin / developmer but lack the time to devot to the entire project and would like someone to work remotely and consult on the project to avoid too many technical pitfalls. If anyone on this forum is interested you can reply with contact info on this forum and I will contact you directly.

Thanks
techgrowth

Postby mflorell » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:59 pm

there is also one more company listed on the wiki:
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALwiki/index. ... onsultants

Also, I do consulting at a rate of $200/hour and can do a basic complete VICIDIAL setup in about 5 hours. different requirements can cost more. If you would like a quote please send me a detailed scope of work off list.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby techgrowth » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:01 am

Thanks for that tip.

I have actually spoken with you on the phone. I am a friend of Julian's whom you know. $200 an hour is a little steep but if I cannot find anyone then that is what it will come too. Thanks for the information.
techgrowth

Postby kchung » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:49 am

What do you charge for priority custom feature requests that would be committed back into the project? I really like what you've done with VICIDIAL, but my company may want some custom features done but want to contribute it back to the project.

What would you (Matt) or any other developers here charge for doing this?
kchung

Postby enjay » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:53 am

From my company it depends entirely on the feature enhancements you're looking for.
enjay

Postby kchung » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:01 pm

But what's the hourly rate?

I'd expect any custom feature request would go through a time estimation process.
kchung

Postby enjay » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:09 pm

I'll defer to Matt, I dont want to be soliciting business on these forums without his permission.

-enjay
enjay

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:11 pm

As a rule I always try to submit the code done through consultation back to the project unless:

1. It is so customized it would be useless or extremely confusing to anyone else(even still I sometimes release it like the sphinx code)

2. The customer has valid security or copyright/ownership/licensing issues for not opening the source done for them.(has never happened yet)

Because of this the rate for my customization of features is the same as my standard rate of $200/hour.

This does not mean that all customization will make it into the VICIDIAL code base. It must be consistent with the project parameters some of which are:

1. Client screen must be viewable on 800x600 screen within a web browser window and must be Firefox-compatible in Linux/Mac/Win32
2. All features for vicidial must be available and customizable across multiple campaigns
3. Code is restricted to Perl, PHP, Javascript and HTML
4. Database is MySQL 4.X compatible
5. Code must not greatly affect the scalability of the system across multiple VICIDIAL servers
6. Code must work across Zap/SIP/IAX channels(the one exception to this is ZapBarge)

There are other parameters for the project, but these are the major ones.
mflorell
Site Admin

Happy to help

Postby ykhan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:30 am

Hi there,

I have been working with basic to intermediate setups of Vicidial for more than a year now. I would be glad to help in any way that I can depending on the type of setup you have. I have found that Vicidial works great with just softphones. Please let me know your requirements and perhaps then I could assist you.

Regards

Yousaf Khan
ykhan

Return to Support