how to increase the Speed of calls on vicidial?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

how to increase the Speed of calls on vicidial?

Postby jazzdbz » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:33 am

Hello

we just started using Vicidial on our call center but i cant figure out how to make the dialer faster?

How can agents receive calls every 10 or 20 seconds?

Rite now they get calls every 40 seconds to 1 minute!

We have 24 agents on vicidial and we are an outbound call center

Can some one help me with this, what should i fix or what settings should i change to?

Thank you
jazzdbz

Postby Michael_N » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:59 am

what kind of settings are you using now?

Have you bought the manager manual ?
Michael_N

Postby jazzdbz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:22 am

I am using the following:

Dial method: Adapt -hard-method
Auto dial level 1.0
Auto dial level Threshold = logged in agents agents = 25
Available only tally NO
Drop percentage limit 20%
Maximum adapt dial level = 8.0
Latest server Time 2100
Adapt intensity modifier =40 calls waiting for agents
Dial Level Difference Target Method= Calls placed
Queue Priority: 50 or Higher
Multiple Campaign Drop Rate Group: disabled
Inbound Queue No Dial: disabled

Those are the setting we are using with 23 agents for an outbound diabetic campaign

I only have the managers sample manual, havent bought the original one yet
jazzdbz

Postby Michael_N » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:20 am

Since you have treshold set to 25 your. Dialer will a dialing rate of 1 until more than 25 is logged on, so change treshold to 7. Or just disable it.
Michael_N

Postby jazzdbz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:01 am

I did that but it did not work bro!

What else can help?
Last edited by jazzdbz on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jazzdbz

Postby Michael_N » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:04 am

Let's se a screenshot of your settings
Michael_N

Postby jazzdbz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:10 am

HOw do i send you the screen shot? this things is not lettin me because i dont have 5 days as a member yet!
jazzdbz

Postby mcargile » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:19 pm

There are so many things that can effect the "speed" of the dialer.

The biggest of which is the quality of the leads you are dialing. If you are calling leads that have been dialed 20 times and most of them are NA's you will probably get a horrible pickup rate. I always recommend paying for good quality leads, and giving up on them once you have tried calling them a reasonable number of times.

Another thing to look into is make sure your carrier is not throttling you. Many carriers are not capable of handling predictive dialer traffic. Sure they will give you a fantastic rate on your calls, but when one in three calls is a Congestions they are not worth it. The best way to check this is to go into the Realtime Report and into the report display optrions. One of the options is "Show Carrier Stats". Set this to 'Y'. The report will display a little table that shows what the carrier has been returning to you. Answers are people who have picked up. Cancels are numbers that have reached their Dial Timeout in the campaign and the dialer canceled the call. Busy is exactly what it sounds like. The big one to look at is Congestion. If your Congestions make up more than 5% of your total calls, there is something wrong with your carrier.

There is much more that can effect things, but they are generally things you have to tweak yourself depending on what you are doing, the type of calling you are doing, the type of sales pitch, the length of the sales pitch, etc and thus are really hard to give advise on.

Lastly keep in mind that the less time between calls on the agents the more likely you are to drop calls. If agents are only waiting 10 seconds between calls and you suddenly run through a really good patch of leads where every picks up, you will probably not have enough agents available. This gets better the more agents you have though. If you are calling consumers with the US you need to make sure you keep to the 3% drop rate. If you do not have very many agents, this might mean you will not be able to reach the "speed" on the dialer you are after.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Postby jazzdbz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Thank You so much for the info Bro
jazzdbz

Postby mcargile » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:56 pm

You are welcome.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

mcargile
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:20 pm

also if you have less than 25 agents (really less than 35) you should not be using adapt methods anyway, just ratio. the dialer won't have enough data to predict the outbound traffic.

so use ratio, start at 2.5, and set "available only" to Y. that's autodial mode instead of predictive which is suitable for rooms with under 50 (and almost mandatory under 25).

if you have more than 25 agents, but less than 50, you should still use ratio until you have made a few thousand phone calls every day to give the dialer some statistics upon which to base its decisions. otherwise it will drop you to 1:1 dialing every time you drop a call and create huge wait times, when ratio could provide 20-25 second wait times even if not adjusted well at 25 agents.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby jazzdbz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Thank u Man, it really helped that last change, Great ;) :o
jazzdbz

Postby jazzdbz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:57 pm

williamconley wrote:also if you have less than 25 agents (really less than 35) you should not be using adapt methods anyway, just ratio. the dialer won't have enough data to predict the outbound traffic.

so use ratio, start at 2.5, and set "available only" to Y. that's autodial mode instead of predictive which is suitable for rooms with under 50 (and almost mandatory under 25).

if you have more than 25 agents, but less than 50, you should still use ratio until you have made a few thousand phone calls every day to give the dialer some statistics upon which to base its decisions. otherwise it will drop you to 1:1 dialing every time you drop a call and create huge wait times, when ratio could provide 20-25 second wait times even if not adjusted well at 25 agents.
jazzdbz

Postby Michael_N » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Did you solve your issue?
Michael_N

Postby jazzdbz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Yes kind of bro thanx
jazzdbz

Re: how to increase the Speed of calls on vicidial?

Postby leads365 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Hello I would like some advise on how to speed up the dialer we are a new call center with only 2 agents at this time we are planning on hiring some more agents soon but at this time the dailer is really super slow .. I am a newbie with vicidail / goauto dialer and would need some assistance in details on how to speed up the dialer . I have call callcentric as my carrier / sip trunk I did not intall the program i had someone from odesk install for me .

Please let me know If someone can help in my situation .

Thank You :P :roll:
leads365

Postby chrismervyn20 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Try manually dialing the leads until you have more agents :D
chrismervyn20

Postby mcargile » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 am

I fully agree with chrismervyn20. With less than about 8 agents on a campaign, auto dialing is just asking for trouble. You will most likely drop a large number of calls which will annoy most of your customers. Speed is not what you should be going for anyways. It is the quality of the sale. If you are just annoying your leads, they are far less likely to actually buy anything.

mcargile
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:20 pm

On the other hand, if you actually want help in optimizing/improving your system ... it would probably be a really good idea to describe your system and its configuration. If you are using auto-dial with 2 agents consistently and have it configured properly, you can at least have a "better than manual dial" result if you have all your settings correct. One agent can even be better in autodial mode (I have a few happy real estate agents and some financial markets that can attest to this ...). But the likelihood of getting anything other than general opinions fit for "brochure" inclusion or blog entries is fairly slim without details of your configuration and your situation.

For instance: Two agents (hired hands) sitting at their desks NOT pushing the "dial next" button because they are blabbering incessantly (hourly, right?) will not really make Vicidial pay off for the room owner. But those same two agents on a campaign set to 1.5:1 dialing will very likely drop few calls and spend much less time blathering and more time on the phone with prospects.

IMHO
williamconley

Postby chrismervyn20 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 am

I fully agree with chrismervyn20

Thanks mcargil
chrismervyn20

Postby Michael_N » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:35 pm

I think that domedan did som patching on his vicidialserver

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19289&p=72195#p72195
Michael_N

Postby DomeDan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:56 am

Michael_N wrote:I think that domedan did som patching on his vicidialserver

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19289&p=72195#p72195

Yeah, but that's only if you got a lot of congestion calls,
I recommend looking at my "real-time carrier report" to find out what needs to be tweaked. http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALmantis/view.php?id=518
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby rshlkmr7 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 pm

HI
every one
Answer required
ou company is making aout bound calls there are 3 campines and each campine has 4 -6 members
problem is user are idle for 2 min one call to another call.
so increase the call flow to 4 at that time we are getting good call for that campine and another campine will not get any calls
(no live calls waiting )

all together calls Are not exceeding 22 calls at a time
is there any problem with the carrier i need a good answer for this i am not able to increase calls for all the campines
most agents are in i idle

reply appreciated

thanks in advance
rshlkmr7

Postby fibres » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:31 am

Hi

That sounds like you have max vicidial trunks set to 22

If you go to Admin - Servers and then click on your server. This brings up a number of settings for your server.
I suspect you will find 22 which if memory serves is vicidial default in the Max Vicidial Trunks section. Increase this and you should be good to go, assuming your carrier will allow more concurrent calls.

Word if warning, be careful changing other setting ls here if you don't know what your doing. Especially Max Calls Per Second, you can easily overload your carrier with this and get banned!

Regards
Vicibox 4.0.3 ISO install.
VERSION: 2.6-393a
BUILD: 130124-1721
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
No other software installed
fibres

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 am

rshlkmr7 wrote:HI
every one
Answer required
ou company is making aout bound calls there are 3 campines and each campine has 4 -6 members
problem is user are idle for 2 min one call to another call.
so increase the call flow to 4 at that time we are getting good call for that campine and another campine will not get any calls
(no live calls waiting )

all together calls Are not exceeding 22 calls at a time
is there any problem with the carrier i need a good answer for this i am not able to increase calls for all the campines
most agents are in i idle

reply appreciated

thanks in advance

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) Newbie suggestions:

when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) You must check with your VOIP Carrier to determine the max channels you have available from them. You should set the max channels for your server to that value (as described by fibres). If you are not sure whether it is your carrier limiting your calls, check for CONGESTION when you exceed 22 channels. This can be checked in the asterisk command line interface or by using the "Show Carrier Stats" option in the Real time screen for the campaign.

4) Happy Hunting! 8-)
williamconley

Postby KenLim_16 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:46 am

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering in the Dial Level what does it mean of .5? example 2.5
KenLim_16

Postby williamconley » Wed May 02, 2018 10:21 am

KenLim_16 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Just wondering in the Dial Level what does it mean of .5? example 2.5

Dial level represents the number of telephone calls being placed for each agent. The agent count is either agents who are READY (if "Available only tally = Y") or READY & INCALL (if "Available only tally = N").
williamconley

Return to Support