ERROR to execute /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ERROR to execute /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start

Postby ankur » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:17 pm

HI all,
I am ankur saxena I am trying to install astguiclient but when i execute command /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start then it shows error

"Syntax error on line 232 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp4.so into server: /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp4.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied"

I installed fedora core 6 with full install(with apache server) as per SCRATCH_INSTALL file but here I see that we again need apache server to as per SCRATCH_install file so I install apache server again
but after installaion of astguiclient when I am trying to start apache server with "/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start" command then it shows error above. I stop the default apache server which is install with installation of fedora core 6. After then I Re-try but I am unable to start apache2 with above command. please help me nand tell me that how can i start apache2 server. I allready install mysql on same system.

Thanks in Advance
ankur

Re: ERROR to execute /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl st

Postby rudra_ach » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:54 am

chk the selinux is disables

cd /etc/selinux

vi config

SELINUX=disabled
rudra_ach

Postby xmerlin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:43 am

you only really need to install apache once.

personally, i only use the installation that the OS puts in on first install and it works fine.
xmerlin

Return to Support