Script Variables

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Script Variables

Postby amjohnson » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:42 pm

I am trying to setup custom fields. Among the things I would like in the custom database is a date field that defaults to the current date (or datetime) of the call that the user cannot edit, I know I can just specify a date field and it will default to the current date but for my needs I need it readonly. Is there anyway to accomplish this using the script variables?

I know I can simply left join the vicidial_list table on the lead_id and tell mysql to get the DATE(modify_date) on export but I was not really wanting to have to do that.

-Andrew
amjohnson

Re: Script Variables

Postby williamconley » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:30 pm

1) the results of grabbing the modify date field and creating a custom date field are not the same. If anyone (later) modifies any information (inbound call? admin change to the lead record? another outbound call?) the modify date field will change. The custom date field, however will only change after creation if someone actually changes it or you modify the agent screen to modify it specifically (such a code change, of course, could be tricky to maintain as the versions update over time ...).

2) when you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

this IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) This is not "General Discussion", it's a technical support question (so I'll move the thread to Support).

4) If you merely want to "show" the date, that could be done with Display ... but i do not know of a "read only" or "disabled" input method even for the latest version of Vicidial.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Script Variables

Postby DomeDan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:09 am

You probably don't want to use modify_date, because that value will update every time you edit the lead,
What about the column "last_local_call_time" in vicidial_list? I'm using that one to get the correct date and time in a live sale-report and for importing to a separate database.

What "script variables" are you talking about btw?

If you want the time of every call, just use call_date in vicidial_log.

It would be much easier to help you if you tell us your intention, what the date/time will be used for
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Return to Support