VICIDIAL and 120 seats

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VICIDIAL and 120 seats

Postby palito » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:21 pm

Hello. We're in the process of installing an all-outbound call center with 120 seats, using 4 E1 trunks. 70 agents will be connecting through the LAN using SIP phones + g711, the remaining 50 agents will be at a remote location and will be connecting using g729 (perhaps using an IAX2 trunk). Recording on all calls.

I've been trying to read as many posts, faq's, and recommendations as I could trying to figure out the correct sizing, but I'm still quite confused....

Could I get a recommendation for this setup? We're also debating about the advantages / disadvantages in terms of scalability of going with one (or several?) 2 or 4 processor server or using several single processor servers.

We're leaning towards buying servers with two dual-core xeon 2.66, 2GB of RAM, 4 250 HDDs (in RAID 10). Any idea what the ceiling of agents would be for each of these servers? 40? 60? ???

Your help will be much appreciated!

Cheers
palito

Postby ramindia » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi

just look at the main site

http://www.eflo.net/hardware.php#base

site given a specific information about the channels and calls

but its again you need to test your requirement and keep adding resources
until you get a better performance.

better to use load balance and mulitple servers for

Vicidial, webserver and Mysql, should give a flexibility to grow

ram
ramindia

Postby mflorell » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:40 am

For 120 agents using G729 and recording all calls will require a lot more processing power than any single machine can handle.

For this setup I would recommend at least 4 quad-core dual CPU servers (30 seats per server) with 4GB of RAM with recordings going to a RAM drive and then quickly offloaded to an archive server. You could also go with 6 cheaper Intel Core 2 Duo servers (20 seats per server) if you want to save some money.

On the database side, get the fastest machine with as much RAM as you can possibly get. For the web server, you could go with 2 cheaper load balanced servers or one larger server.

All of these servers except the web servers should have SCSI drives.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby palito » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:02 am

mflorell wrote:For 120 agents using G729 and recording all calls will require a lot more processing power than any single machine can handle.

Thank you for the answers! Ok, that's alotta servers ;) If we were to use all g711 in order to stay away from the extra load caused by decoding (and transcoding) g729 -recording only sales confirmations- , how many seats do you think we could accommodate per server, and would then so much RAM be required?

Thanks
palito

Postby mflorell » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:28 pm

only using G711 would help a lot, as for RAM, Asterisk and VICIDIAL would use up to 2 GB, and you would need 2 GB for your RAM drive.

Setting things up that way you should be able to get 50 agents on a quad core dual CPU Xeon with 4GB RAM.

Don't forget to get an X100P card or some other kind of hardware zaptel timer for the servers without voice E1s connected to them.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby palito » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:28 pm

Thank you for all your suggestions!
palito

Return to Support