Max number of remote agents?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Max number of remote agents?

Postby AlexR » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:15 pm

Hello Matt!

Just wondering is there a set max number of remote agents? If so what is it? and can i make more of needed? I dont seem to be able to create more than 28.

Thank you

Alejandro!
AlexR

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:38 pm

I've done up to 100 before, but I have found that after thousands of calls, or several hours, there can sometimes be issues. This is something I plan on spending more time fine-tuning it in the next month.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby AlexR » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Thanks, I will be really looking forward to this changes. By the way i was not able to create the agents because the guy how set up this campaign created overlapping remote agents. Heads up to everyone on this.

Is it possible to get an overview of how the remote agents work or your thoughts on why this (problems after many leads) happens? I would love to take a look into the code and see if i can help out. But im not sure what scripts are involved in the remote agent process (for outbound broadcasting).

Again thank you!

alejandro
AlexR

Postby mflorell » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:15 am

I have never actually had issues with outbound broadcasting of calls with remote agents, My problems are usually with capacity testing using remote agents.

As for how it works, basically the AST_VDremote_agents.pl script will grab the remote_agents table information and see how many agents it needs to keep updating in the vicidial_live_agents table as well as handling some of the logging that vicidial.php would take care of for a real agent. There are a lot of other parts to it, but that's the overview. If I get time I'll write up a remote agents doc to help explain how it works better.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby AlexR » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:08 pm

Well, here we are trying to call thousands of people to a pre recorded message

It works great for a while after that all remote agents appear ON CALL, and the campaign hangs. I try to force log out all agents from that campaign so the return to the correct status, but then it seems that Dial Level of that campaign is somewhat screwed. I have to raise it to the double that it actually is to get some calls, but then it gets stuck afterwards.

What i have had to do is delete the campaigns, the remote agents and create new campaign for processing the remaining leads.

Since we are calling thousands of people i guess it would somehow qualify as capacity testing.

Are this the problems you have encountered as well?

Thank you!

alejandro
AlexR

Postby mflorell » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:44 pm

I have seen something similar, although I have never had to delete the campaign. Usually deleting the records from the vicidial_auto_calls table and setting the vicidial_live_agents records to READY fixes it.

Not sure what causes the problem. Hopefully I'll have a chance to figure it out in the next couple weeks.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby AlexR » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Thanks Matt, I will try that the very next time this hangs up. So far this is the only hiccup i have found in VICIDIAL. Thanks a lot for your help!

alejandro
AlexR

Return to Support