Recodings do not stop after call hang up

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Recodings do not stop after call hang up

Postby caspar » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:29 am

I have installed VICIDIAL for a call center that has the policy that all calls MUST be recorded. In order to achieve this I had set the "Campaign Recordings" field to ALLFORCE.

Now, when an agent login to a campaign the a SIP/c001-XXXXXX (for example) channel spawns that connects the agent to VICIDIAL. When the agent dials a lead a second channel is spawned: Local/86000XX@vicidial-XXXXX that connects the customer and also a third channel Local/786000XX@vicidial-XXXXX is spawned which is the recording channel.

When this same agent is done with the call and presses the "HANGUP CUSTOMER" button, the customer's Local/86000XX@vicidial-XXXXX channel is hung up automatically, but the recording Local/786000XX@vicidial-XXXXX stay active!

If one would go and monitor the disk activity at the /var/spool/asterisk/monitor directory, one would see that the wav file is still growing even after the agent has logged out of VICIDIAL. This has a huge impact on the server's performance and disk space!

The only way to stop the recording is for the administrator to login to astguiclient and force a hangup on the recording channel.

I also noticed a "Stop Rec after each call" field in the phone setting in VICIDIAL ADMIN and I double checked and made sure that all phone were set to 1.

The extensions.conf file contains the following:

[vicidial]

; this is used for recording conference calls, the client app sends the filename
; value as a callerID recordings go to /var/spool/asterisk/monitor (WAV)
exten => 8309,1,Answer
exten => 8309,2,Monitor(wav,${CALLERIDNAME})
exten => 8309,3,Wait,3600
exten => 8309,4,Hangup

I also made sure that the recording extension in VICIDIAL ADMIN is set to 8309.

Asterisk does not display any debugging errors.

I am using Asterisk version 1.2.13 and VICIDIAL version 2.0.2

If anybody know what else I could check or do, please let me know.
caspar

Local recordings work!

Postby caspar » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:12 am

Sorry for the typo in the topic. It is suppose to be "recordings" and NOT "recodings".

I figured out that when I make local SIP phone calls inside the company, the recordings stops automatically like it is suppose too. But when I dial an outbound number on a ZAP channel, the recordings will not stop like I described in the previous post. I have tried different dial plan variations, but none seems to work. Even if I hard code the phone number it still continue recording after I hung up. The following did not work:
Code: Select all
exten => 2005,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/0831231234)
exten => 2005,2,Hangup

but a local SIP connection like the following works:

Code: Select all
exten => 2005,1,Dial(SIP/p005)
exten => 2005,2,Hangup
caspar

Postby mflorell » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:09 am

I just set up a campaign with ALLFORCE on a new 2.0.2 install under both manual dial and auto dial and I cannot duplicate your problem. The recording always stops after every call is hungup.

Did you apply the cli patch to Asterisk before you compiled it?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby caspar » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:15 am

What cli patch? I am still new to Asterisk.

I also noticed that Asterisk 1.4 is available. Is that compatible with VICIDIAL 2.0.2?
caspar

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:36 am

1.4.0 is supported as of 2.0.3b1. There was a last-minute change in Asterisk CLI output for some reason before 1.4.0 was released that I needed to change some code for after 2.0.2 was released.

2.0.3b1 is stable, just not a full official release.

Asterisk 1.4.0 is not as stable as 1.2.14.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support