Complete Lead Removal

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Complete Lead Removal

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:04 am

Hi all,

Ive been through settings and what not and believe that there IS NOT a 'Complete lead removal' feature.
Ive figured out a 'work-a-round' - which forces you to jump through a few hoops before the lead actually becomes deleted.

My question is - Is there a complete lead removal feature within Vicidial without adding the number to a DNC list first. In which adds extra wasted time with regards to lead handling.
If the answer is no, please instruct me on how to move this post to Development.

P.S - I would also want to know if there is a 'Complete phone/account removal feature'.
Simply because when we re-use accounts(for ease of use with the PBX) The calll information from the old agents are still present.
I was thinking maybe for the coding to go a little deeper than actually just deleting 'the face' of the account if you will. (Without removing the data on the extension)

Thank you in advance.
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
VERSION: 2.4-309a
BUILD: 110430-1642
Processors 2
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06GHz
adam.greenhalgh1

Re: Complete Lead Removal

Postby DomeDan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:09 am

There is a few lead tools under "Reports" -> "Admin Utilities" -> "Basic Lead Management Tools" (here: vicidial/lead_tools.php but I don't know if you can access that page in your version)
where you can delete leads, it will delete rows from vicidial_list so some people would maybe not call that a complete delete
but you really don't need to delete anything more than that, and you might want to be able to have the call-log data of those leads so you can still get report with data from those leads.

Phones and users can be deleted, but I suggest you just inactivate those and never re-use user_id and stuff like that
because if you do then the old call information will be present as you said.

the only way is to update every table that got the user_id and change that to something else, but don't do that, it will certainly mess up the inner workings of vicidial

Simply because when we re-use accounts(for ease of use with the PBX)
please explain that in more detail, there got to be a better way
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:33 am

When i say ease of use i really mean. Keep the numbers the same from ViciDial and the PBX.

Example -
We need to create a user account for Mr D.
We use '80' to signify VICIDIAL.

So for 'ease of use' we use the same Extension we have set up with the PBX. E.G 205
So User: 80205.

That is all i meant by ease of use.

So for the user accounts deletion...You would recommend not deleting the user account or generally making it inactive and create another account as an when needed.

Also the utility function you suggested via Reports>admin utilities - does not exist in my current version of ViciDial.

Looking at installing a scratch install on a VM and test functionality.

Dan again my friend! Thank you very much :)
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Processors 2
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby DomeDan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:00 am

Not really sure why it will ease the use to re-use user_id, but you should just create new ones instead to prevent problems.

"Also the utility function you suggested via Reports>admin utilities - does not exist in my current version of ViciDial."
Then to delete leads you need to either to just delete the whole list, because that will delete the leads in vicidial_list
or delete directly in the mysql database (not recommended to manually mess in there)

but I would not delete leads unless there was a system load issues caused by vicidial_list containing to many rows.

no need to do a scratch install, just grab the vicibox iso and install it in a VM to check it out 8)
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
DomeDan

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:24 am

The rate at which people come and go in this place is quite often. So in order to use the resources we have. We must re-use the extensions etc. Not a problem to just create new accounts etc.

How will the pbx talk to the vicidial server.
let me explain -

We use an old PBX extension to create a new user. = 205
We then create the ViciDial account(phone and then user) using the same procedure. with '80' infront of the PBX extension. = 80205

So that being said, how will the PBX server talk to the ViciDial server with different extensions. If that makes sense?

If not let me know and ill try and explain a little more in depth.

Cheers Dan.
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Processors 2
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby DomeDan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:32 am

I don't really get it, but never mind.

maybe you can re-use the old systems extensions only:

but back on topic, is the lead removal tool I talked about what you were looking for, the one that deletes rows in vicidial_list,
or was it something else you were looking for?
DomeDan

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:03 am

Well, i suppose i could use the delete rows thing hyou mentioned.

However i only raised a concern because clients where ringing in asking to be removed etc. I receive an email and up to now - ive been added them to a DNC list.

Which i suppose when lopading new leads onto the database ios a good thing.

I just dont want advisors telling clients false information. Maybe change the script to "Make sure you never get a call regarding this again".

Anyways Yeah I'm going to have to look into just creating new extensions within ViciDial.

Dan youve been a great help buddy.

PM your Full name and ill add you on Facebook, if you have it. :)

Cheers Dan.

Adam.
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Processors 2
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby DomeDan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:27 am

Oh yeah that's what the DNC list is for, and that's how I use it.
and you don't even need to remove the lead because even if it got status NEW in any list it will be set to DNCL (DO NOT CALL Hopper Match) when the hopper starts process it.

I deactivated my FB account more then a year ago.

Cheers! 8)
DomeDan

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:55 am

Ahh right thats great,

Is that the same for my version as it is yours? (DO NOT CALL Hopper Match)

And ahh right fair play.

Adam.
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Processors 2
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby DomeDan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:07 am

I'm not sure, look at the system statuses if you got that one
DomeDan

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:23 am

Yeah got it found it, and located DNCL.

Is there a way to mass edit all the leads set as DNC and change them to DNCL?
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Processors 2
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby DomeDan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:51 am

No need to change the leads, DNC is based on phone_number only.
So adding the phone number (without country code) to the DNC is all you need, in my version I can add multiple phone numbers in a field, just copy/paste them and select "add to DNC" and press submit.

If you got multiple campaigns and only want the phone number to not be called in one campaign then you select that campaign when you use the "Add-Delete DNC Number" page

but take a look at your DNC settings for the campaign:
"Use Internal DNC List"
"Use Campaign DNC List"

You can mass add directly to the DNC list in the database, the table is called vicidial_dnc and vicidial_campaign_dnc
DomeDan

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:11 am

Found it, thats brilliant.

Internal DNC list = A list of DNC numbers across all campaigns?
Campaign DNC list = A specific set of DNC numbers specifically for that campaign?

Am i right in thinking that?

If yes, then i could use the internal DNC list and change it to 'Y'. And alter the other campaigns aswell to 'Y'.

This way i can 100% ensure that no numbers will be dialled again after ive added it to a DNC.
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Processors 2
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby DomeDan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:07 pm

this is from the help section:
Use Internal DNC List - This defines whether this campaign is to filter leads against the Internal DNC list. If it is set to Y, the hopper will look for each phone number in the DNC list before placing it in the hopper. If it is in the DNC list then it will change that lead status to DNCL so it cannot be dialed. Default is N. The AREACODE option is just like the Y option, except it is used to also filter out an entire area code in North America from being dialed, in this case using the 201XXXXXXX entry in the DNC list would block all calls to the 201 areacode if enabled.

Use Campaign DNC List - This defines whether this campaign is to filter leads against a DNC list that is specific to that campaign only. If it is set to Y, the hopper will look for each phone number in the campaign-specific DNC list before placing it in the hopper. If it is in the campaign-specific DNC list then it will change that lead status to DNCC so it cannot be dialed. Default is N. The AREACODE option is just like the Y option, except it is used to also filter out an entire area code in North America from being dialed, in this case using the 201XXXXXXX entry in the DNC list would block all calls to the 201 areacode if enabled.

Setting 'Use Internal DNC List' to Y will also make the system add the number to the list if an agent dispose a call as DNC
Same with 'Use Campaign DNC List' but it will of-course only be added to the campaign DNC

The only way to ensure that the numbers wont be dialed is to test it out,
create a campaign and list with only your own number in it, make a call with the agent interface and disposal it as DNC, look in the vicidial_dnc if it was added,
try to call the same number again with the agent interface and then you will see that the lead status will be set to DNCL if it is working
DomeDan

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:28 am

Testing completed Dan.

I have a list with 13 leads on - all leads are identical including telephone number. (I set it up without duplicate check for testing)
I also have a test campaign in which I test with.
I first rung the lead and set that to DNC.
And rung again and to my surprise it rung the number again. (Would this be because I have set it up so that its 13 different leads?) If this is the case then the internal DNC isnt working off the telephone number but working off the Lead_ID.

I altered 'Use Campaign DNC List' to Y.
Tested again and the following number rung.
I did the same for 'Use Internal DNC List' and set that to Y.
Test again and the number rung. This is potentially another feature to add to the new feature tracker.

*Providing its not my system thats out-of-date*
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Processors 2
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby DomeDan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:07 am

Strange, look in the vicidial_dnc table if that phone number was added
also check the settings for DNC system status, does it have "DNC: Y"
DomeDan

Postby adam.greenhalgh1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:59 am

Nice one Dan, for some STRANGE_REASON our DNC system status was actually set to "DNC: N"

I personally wasn't responsible for installing and configuration the dialer. I cant believe something like this has gone un noticed.

Many thanks Dan - I'm going to be doing another test later on today if advisors hit their target. After which i will send a follow up message and inform you of the recovery.
GoAutoDial CE 2.1
Processors 2
adam.greenhalgh1

Postby coolboyabhash » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:46 am

CAN I ADD OR REMOVE SOME NUMBERS IN RUNNING LIST

SUPPOSE I HAVE 1 LIST (1234)

I WANT TO ADD NEW NUMBER LIKE 1234567890
AND DELETE 0987654321 IS IT POSSIBEL TO DO THAT
coolboyabhash

Postby williamconley » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 pm

Yes. Lists can be managed while the dialer is running. The system is designed to work around this.

Note that on heavily used systems, the vicidial_list table can be quite huge and adding/removing leads from the table can slow the dialer, but until you reach several million leads it's usually not a problem.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby coolboyabhash » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:33 am

tell me way how to remove or add any number in running LEAD/LIST
coolboyabhash

Postby blackbird2306 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:10 am

That's the easiest way to do it with admin login:
Lists --> Search for a lead (search for the lead you want to change/update) --> open desired lead (link) --> then make your changes in the lead information page --> submit button (save your changes)

another way to change your lead information is to use the NON-AGENT API :
http://www.vicidial.org/docs/NON-AGENT_API.txt

update_lead - updates lead information in the vicidial_list and custom_ tables
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Postby williamconley » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:09 pm

blackbird2306 wrote:...
True!

And let's not forget Lists->Load a New List. That's a very popular way to add leads. You can include the list_id in the uploaded file or force the list_id during the import in the GUI.

You can also use a mysql call to directly make changes in the DB, but that's an advanced method, not to be undertaken by those faint of heart.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support