agent Paused on Realtime Scrn.. but actually waiting 4 call

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

agent Paused on Realtime Scrn.. but actually waiting 4 call

Postby hotdog0627 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:55 pm

On predictive dialer mode, there are times when an agent doesnt get a call after some time of using the system.

What I notice is on the campaign realtime screen the agent's status is "PAUSED", when I check the agent's station, the agent is actually logged in and is waiting for a call. The agent has actually received some calls already and disposed them properly.

My setup is single server all scratch install specs. the only difference is the server is on a remote location (US) while the agents are in Manila.

Internet is my first suspect, but this happens even if the bandwith is not really loaded. Like 8 agents only using the entire bandwith... 40 agents can use our bandwith w/ no noticable audio delays/degradation.

Do any of you guys out there experience this on a Local network scenario? Meaning your asterisk servers are on the same LAN as the agents.
hotdog0627

Postby henry » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:54 pm

I've not seen this problem with VICIDIAL (I haven't been using it for long) but I have seen it before with other automated diallers when accessing a remotely hosted server from an office location.

My understanding of the problem was that the AJAX connection between agents and the server was being disrupted somehow meaning that when my staff went back into ready/idle the server was not updated with their status.

Are all of your staff in the same office using the same internet connection to access the remote server?
henry

Postby hotdog0627 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:36 pm

yes. they are. which dialer is that? GNU?
hotdog0627

Postby mflorell » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:24 pm

The agents aren't using Internet Explorer by chance are they?

I have seen this happen with IE before, and with agents on high-latency and high-packet loss network connections.

One other cause is on multi-server setups, not having the time synchronized between servers.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support