Unable to connect to asterisk with ViciBox 6

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Unable to connect to asterisk with ViciBox 6

Postby Chris1512 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:29 am

Hi,

I am fairly new to Vicidial / Vicibox, i had downloaded Vicibox 6 and installed with no problems, when running asterisk - r i get and unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist). I have checked and the file does exist, i have read all fixes and possibilities for resolve on the web and vicidial forums but they dont work for me. What is strange to me is that all others who have experienced this have had a (does var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist) and mine is not. The asterisk is also not starting and there seems to be issues with dahdi modules not loading, please help.
Chris1512

Re: Unable to connect to asterisk with ViciBox 6

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:29 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) "screen -r asterisk" see if the asterisk screen is running asterisk. If not, you can issue the command to start asterisk yourself and see if there is a reason it did not start (for instance, there is a module that should be disabled recently because it crashes asterisk on startup ... just add it as a noload entry).

4) Not general discussion, moving post to "support" board
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby okli » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:54 am

Try this:
viewtopic.php?p=113045#p113045

If you have issues with loading leads, take a look at this as well:
viewtopic.php?p=113294#p113294
okli

Postby Chris1512 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:28 am

I am a newb, apologies.

Installed on DELL Poweredge R510 single quad core, 12 GB Ram, 2 x 500Gb HDD using Vicibox V6.0.1 Preload and Standard ISO's. Both leave me with same issues. Using Xlite 3 softphones.

I noticed quite a few DAHDI modules failing or errors after "screen -r asterisk"

Is there a way to re-install DAHDI??
Chris1512

Postby okli » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:40 am

Did you do
Code: Select all
echo "noload => chan_ooh323.so" >> /etc/asterisk/modules.conf
and rebooted the server?

Does asterisk load now, but displays errors with dahdi modules?
Can you post what exactly the errors are?
okli

Postby Chris1512 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:35 am

Yes i have, asterisk does load once to CLI and gives the following dahdi errors then disconnects;
ERROR[2853]: pbx_lua.c:1525 load_or_reload_lua_stuff: Error loading extensions.lua: [string "extensions.lua']:145: <name> expected near 'goto'
WARNING[2853]: loader.c.434 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'chan_dahdi.so': /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so: undefined symbol: dahdi_chan_name_len
WARNING[2853]: loader.c.910 load_resource: module 'chan_dahdi.so' could not be loaded
WARNING[2853]: loader.c.434 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'app_dahdiras.so': /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so: undefined symbol: dahdi_chan_name_len
WARNING[2853]: loader.c.910 load_resource: module 'app_dahdiras.so' could not be loaded
WARNING[2853]: loader.c.434 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'app_dahdibarge.so': /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so: undefined symbol: dahdi_chan_name_len
WARNING[2853]: loader.c.910 load_resource: module 'app_dahdibarge.so' could not be loaded
WARNING[2853]: loader.c.434 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'app_dahdiscan.so': /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so: undefined symbol: dahdi_chan_name_len
WARNING[2853]: loader.c.910 load_resource: module 'app_dahdiscan.so' could not be loaded
Chris1512

Postby williamconley » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:08 am

Validate your .isos and be sure they are MD5 valid. Validate the download and reburn the CD and tell it to validate during the burn. You'd be surprised how often a bad download has cost several hours of troubleshooting (complete waste of time, but lesson learned!).

Check your vicibox.log file and ensure that the installation completes without error.

Try Vicibox 5.0.3 in case there's merely a challenge with the Vicibox 6 OS. Perhaps even 4.0.3 ...

Just to be funny, you can also try Goautodial and see if CentOS likes your system better.

If none of these does the trick, you may want to consider a different CD Drive. I've not had a problem with the Vicibox install .isos in quite some time, and I don't recall dahdi failing at all.
williamconley

Postby Chris1512 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:06 am

Is it possible to backup my vicidial single server setup???
Chris1512

Postby williamconley » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Absolutely. There is a backup function written in perl. Options are available by activating it with "--help". It stores the backup sets in /var/log/astguiclient/archive

perl /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl --help

Or you can just fire it up with

perl /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl --debugX

This does NOT back up client audio files. That's a different topic. :)
williamconley

Return to Support