Queueing to Agents

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Queueing to Agents

Postby jbm_primas » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:02 am

Hi,

Kindly please help me how Queue my calls to Agent using VICIDIAL.

Is it possible?

thanks,
jbm_primas

Re: Queueing to Agents

Postby geoff3dmg » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:27 am

You need to explain better what you are trying to do. Queue calls from where? Other agents? An inbound DID? Some other system?
Vicibox 5.03 from .iso | VERSION: 2.10-451a BUILD: 140902-0816 | Asterisk 1.8.28.2-vici | Multi-Server | Amfeltec H/W Timing Cards | No Extra Software After Installation | Dell PowerEdge 1850 | Pentium 4 'Prescott' Xenon Quad @ 3.40GHz
geoff3dmg

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:17 am

jbm_primas wrote:Kindly please help me how Queue my calls to Agent using VICIDIAL.

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Queuing to logged in agents is done via campaigns or ingroups. Queuing to agents who are not logged in is done via Remote Agents (and still requires a campaign or ingroup).

Happy Hunting 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby jbm_primas » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:16 am

Hi William,

Thanks for the reply.

Here's the version of vicidial
VERSION: 2.8-420a
BUILD: 131210-1741
© 2013 ViciDial Group

Here's what i am trying to solve and find out if vicidial can queue calls to an Agent.

1. Customer1 calls to Call Center.
2. He was put into Queue.
3. Then send to an Agent in a MeetMe conference.
4. Calls Hangup.
5. After an hour same customer (Customer1) calls again to Call Center.
6. My 3rd party code (IVR) detects that he called an hour ago, so my 3rd party code (IVR) will ask if he wants to talk to the same/last agent?
7. If customer say’s yes, my 3rd party code (IVR) will transfer the call to the same agent. In other protocol like “AVAYA, the customer can queue to an agent, meaning customer will just hear a music just like he is in the queue but actually queieng to an agent”. But in VICIDIAL I don’t know how it works. Agent is normally waiting on conference call. So if agent is already in another call how can we queue a caller to an agent without barging into the current call?

thanks
jbm_primas

Return to Support