How to monitor and barge a manual call from softphone?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to monitor and barge a manual call from softphone?

Postby dorian88 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:35 am

Hello,

is it possible to monitor a call from a softphone that isn't logged in Vicidial? We are using Linux Xubuntu and SFL Phone as a softphone and as much as i searched the internet i couldn't find some helpful info about this problem i have.

Can the agents who call manually login in Vicidial and make every single call with "manual dial"? then can i monitor them?

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!
SRV 1: VICIbox 4.0.3, Ast 1.4 and VICIdial 2.6-393a | Xeon Quad W5560 2.46GHz | 24GB RAM | 2 x 1.2TB Raid 0 |Load Avg. 0.10 0.09 0.08 | G729 Codec | VoIP | OpenSUSE 12.1 ---> Agents With Predictive Dialing On the 2nd server Agents call manually
dorian88

Re: How to monitor and barge a manual call from softphone?

Postby covarrubiasgg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:20 am

You can always log that soft-phone into vicidial, but if this is not possible for you, you can setup an "EXTERNAL" phone. There you can use a Mobile, a land-line or a DID pointing to your soft-phone to monitor and barge using the real time monitor screen, but maybe it is going to have cost since this is going to be an external call.

It doesn’t matter if all the Calls are Manual Dial, you can Monitor and Barge even if the agent is not in a Live Call, they just have to be logged Vicidial
covarrubiasgg

Postby dorian88 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:45 pm

covarrubiasgg wrote:You can always log that soft-phone into vicidial, but if this is not possible for you, you can setup an "EXTERNAL" phone. There you can use a Mobile, a land-line or a DID pointing to your soft-phone to monitor and barge using the real time monitor screen, but maybe it is going to have cost since this is going to be an external call.

It doesn’t matter if all the Calls are Manual Dial, you can Monitor and Barge even if the agent is not in a Live Call, they just have to be logged Vicidial

Thanks so much for the help. Maybe i wasn't clear or left some information uncovered. Here is how the situation is. I have 5 soft-phones (SFL Phone, because we are using Xubuntu), and these operators that use these phones don't login at all into Vicidial with username-password campaign etc., they make the call manually by entering each number they get from the CRM. The problem is that the supervisor needs sometimes to listen the calls the operators make and occasionally barge the call. But the SFL Phone doesn't support any kind of call conference so the supervisor can join the operator-client call. So i was thinking if it is possible these agents to login into vicidial with username-password-campaign (so we have can use the monitor/barge ability of vicidial) but still the agents can make the calls manually like before. You mentioned that you can log the phone into vicidial or set it up like an "EXTERNAL" phone. How do i do that? Can you give me a step-by-step guide please? I am a beginner at this and i don't have much of experience with vicidial.

Once again thanks so much for your help!
SRV 1: VICIbox 4.0.3, Ast 1.4 and VICIdial 2.6-393a | Xeon Quad W5560 2.46GHz | 24GB RAM | 2 x 1.2TB Raid 0 |Load Avg. 0.10 0.09 0.08 | G729 Codec | VoIP | OpenSUSE 12.1 ---> Agents With Predictive Dialing On the 2nd server Agents call manually
dorian88

Postby covarrubiasgg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:51 pm

The EXTERNAL Phone is only going to work if you agents are connected to the Vicidial Interface, if you agents are just using direct dial on the softphone you should create a dialplan entry using ChanSpy or some other application from ASTERISK, because basically you are not using vicidial at all.
covarrubiasgg

Postby dorian88 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:12 am

covarrubiasgg wrote:The EXTERNAL Phone is only going to work if you agents are connected to the Vicidial Interface, if you agents are just using direct dial on the softphone you should create a dialplan entry using ChanSpy or some other application from ASTERISK, because basically you are not using vicidial at all.

And how exactly do i do all this stuff? I am a beginner and the seem to me high-difficulty configurations. Can you help me with a step-by-step configuration guide please??

Thanks in advance!
dorian88

Postby covarrubiasgg » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:39 am

I would love to help you, but i don’t understand what are you doing.

I mean, you install Vicidial Right? But you are not using Vicidial, instead you are dialing direct from the soft-phones, is that correct?

If you are not going to use Vicidial Call Center Features, it is more likely to have headaches from Vicidial.

If you want to try the ChanSpy in your current setup, figure out how to the the following code to your dialplan (and i say figure out because i am not sure what is you current setup)

Code: Select all
exten => 33XXX,1,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:2})

So if you want to monitor extension 106, you will have to dial 33106. If you want a more detailed answer we will need a more detailed explanation of your setup.
covarrubiasgg

Postby dorian88 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:34 am

covarrubiasgg wrote:I would love to help you, but i don’t understand what are you doing.

I mean, you install Vicidial Right? But you are not using Vicidial, instead you are dialing direct from the soft-phones, is that correct?

If you are not going to use Vicidial Call Center Features, it is more likely to have headaches from Vicidial.

If you want to try the ChanSpy in your current setup, figure out how to the the following code to your dialplan (and i say figure out because i am not sure what is you current setup)

So if you want to monitor extension 106, you will have to dial 33106. If you want a more detailed answer we will need a more detailed explanation of your setup.

Thanks so much for your response!
So, basically we have Vicidial installed but we are not using it for the calls. Instead the makes the calls manually from the sip phones without logging at all to Vicidial. Our SIP phone extentions are in the range cc100-cc150.

My current dialplan (which is configured from the Voip Company) is:

exten => _NXXXX.,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _NXXXX.,2,MixMonitor(${CHANNEL:4:6}${EXTEN}-${UNIQUEID}-all.wav)
exten => _NXXXX.,3,Dial(${impulstrunk}/00${EXTEN},,tTo)
exten => _NXXXX.,4,Hangup

exten => _0039[03]XXXX.,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _0039[03]XXXX.,2,Dial(${impulstrunk}/${EXTEN},,tTo)
exten => _0039[03]XXXX.,3,Hangup

so, i add just add "
" at the end of it? What should i modify in order to work with my current setup?

And what about for ChanSpy? how can i install it? I have access to the Asterisk server via SSH.

Thanks in advance!
dorian88

Postby covarrubiasgg » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:58 pm

If your extensions are 3 digits long, use _33XXX, if your extensions are 4 digits long use _33XXXX

i forgot to include the _ for the pattern.

exten => _33XXX,1,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:2})

ChaSpy is one command included in Asterisk

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+ChanSpy
covarrubiasgg

Postby dorian88 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:57 am

[quote="covarrubiasgg"]If your extensions are 3 digits long, use _33XXX, if your extensions are 4 digits long use _33XXXX

i forgot to include the _ for the pattern.

exten => _33XXX,1,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:2})

ChaSpy is one command included in Asterisk

/quote]

Hi! i added in the dialplan the code exten => _33XXX,1,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:2},wq) but when i call lets say extention 101 with the 99101 the line open (i see the seconds running) but no voice at all.
dorian88

Postby dorian88 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:33 am

Problem solved!!! It works now like a charm! I noticed only some little interruption of the agent's and client's voice. But no big issue!

Thanks a lot for the help!
dorian88

Postby vkvinaykwatra » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:28 am

thank you so much it works @covarrubiasgg
vkvinaykwatra

Return to Support