static ip

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

static ip

Postby THUFIR » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:00 pm

is there a functional difference between having the router assign a fixed ip address to the server by MAC address, and having the server acquire an IP address via DHCP, versus configuring a static ip address with yast?

I ask because when I look at servers in the web interface, the server didn't have an ip address field, 192.x.x.x populated. The server can ping google, can ping the SIP carrier, etc, and gets a fixed ip address from the router.

I don't understand why the IP address wasn't populated. Oddly, once I entered, manually, the ip address, I was then able to create a new SIP carrier with correct, full settings. However, even after running /etc/asterisk/sip-vicidial.conf and /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_keepalive_ALL.pl and the carrier entry won't update further...

I don't, at the moment, know how to get the carrier details from the database; I'll update the question.

see also:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions ... ss-in-yast
ViciBox Redux v.6.0.3-141118 from .iso | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor | 8GiB RAM
THUFIR

Return to Support