Need help dahdi-linux-complete-2.10.2+2.10.2 cant install

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Need help dahdi-linux-complete-2.10.2+2.10.2 cant install

Postby niwang09 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:01 pm

centos 6.6(final)
dahdi-linux-complete-2.10.2+2.10.2
when i try to make clean
it gives me error

[root@localhost dahdi-linux-complete-2.9.1.1+2.9.1]# make clean
make -C linux clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/asterisk/dahdi-linux-complete-2.9.1.1+2.9.1/linux'
make -C drivers/dahdi/firmware clean
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/asterisk/dahdi-linux-complete-2.9.1.1+2.9.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware'
rm -f dahdi-fw-*.o
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk/dahdi-linux-complete-2.9.1.1+2.9.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware'
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64/build M='/usr/src/asterisk/dahdi-linux-complete-2.9.1.1+2.9.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/oct612x' clean
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory
make[1]: *** [clean] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk/dahdi-linux-complete-2.9.1.1+2.9.1/linux'
make: *** [clean] Error 2

i already tried yum update, yum install kernel-devel-$(uname -r), and yum remove kernel* and then reinstalling by yum install kernel*
niwang09

Re: Need help dahdi-linux-complete-2.10.2+2.10.2 cant instal

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:08 pm

1) You are asking for support in the "general discussion" board. I'll move it to support.

2) WHY are you installing manually in CentOS instead of using GoAutoDial? Are you trying to insult Gardo? (That's my turf, so I'm appalled, LOL) Seriously, though: If you can produce a reason, I bet we can make life easier for you. You're trying to reinvent a wheel here ...

3) You have not posted a link to the installation instructions from which you are working. If there's a mistake in those instructions, having a link may link ALL those who hit this same snag and help everyone get past it. If you have no such link, and are making this up as you go ... please see 2) above. :)

4) Better yet: Why are you not just using the .iso image available at Vicibox.com? It is *the* recommended installation method for Vicidial.

All that being said, we are not the maintainers of the dahdi project. That would be digium. If that project fails to install, you may want to discuss it with the maintainers. Not to say someone here would fail to share the answer if one of us has it, but I've never installed "from scratch" in CentOS. I've always used Goautodial (of course, since Gardo published a version making it possible to do that from a Fresh CentOS install ... without even using his .iso ... there's really not a lot of call for Scratch install on CentOS! We only scratch install in things like Ubuntu and Gentoo ...)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support