Need urgent help to solve distortion issue

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Need urgent help to solve distortion issue

Postby muyousif » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Hello experts, I am having too much issue of distortion on the calls made from vicidial telephony server.There is no issue of bandwidth and server load as I am continuously monitoring both. I read in on of the topic in vicidial forum CPU frequency should be 1000 HZ which is currenly 250 HZ in all telephony servers. Changing from 250 HZ to 1000 HZ will make any difference??

asterisk channels reaching to 300 channels on 2U server with 8 cores and 16 GB ram, is this normal? Please help. Matt kindly advise.
ViciBox v.6.0.3 | VERSION: 2.14-685a BUILD: 180825-2100| Asterisk 1.8.29 | Cluster: 1 DB: 16Core@2.67GHz 16RAM | 1 WEB: 8Core@2.50GHz 16RAM | 8 Tel: QuadCore@2.93GHz 8RAM
muyousif

Re: Need urgent help to solve distortion issue

Postby williamconley » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:25 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) This is obviously a support question (not "general discussion"), so I'll move it to Support where it belongs.

4) Attempting to specifically invoke the site owner's name to get a response from matt ONLY works if you go to The Vicidial Group's web site and Pay Matt. Otherwise your best bet to get a response is to provide the aforementioned information regarding your system and hope for a free response from anyone willing to help.

5) Describe the distortion if you can (robot sounding? screeches? bleeps?)

6) Does this occur all the time? Only under heavy load? Only after you have reached XX live channels? All agents on all servers?

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Need urgent help to solve distortion issue

Postby muyousif » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:31 am

Thanks William for guiding me in right direction. This issue has been solved, it was related to Carrier. Once again thanks to all helping us to learn this amazing piece of solution.
ViciBox v.6.0.3 | VERSION: 2.14-685a BUILD: 180825-2100| Asterisk 1.8.29 | Cluster: 1 DB: 16Core@2.67GHz 16RAM | 1 WEB: 8Core@2.50GHz 16RAM | 8 Tel: QuadCore@2.93GHz 8RAM
muyousif

Return to Support