3 way / dual calls / calls in pause

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

3 way / dual calls / calls in pause

Postby king2016 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:19 am

Hi our specification is as follows

Vicidial Version 2.8 SVN 2040
HP ProLiant DL360 G7, Quad Core Intel Xeon, 2x240 SSD, 16GB RAM
XLite or Zoiper soft phones with USB headsets
PC's Pentium D, 4gb, some Dual Core on Windows 7, Kaspersky AV

Issue

We have 6 users logging on to one campaign in a blended configuration, there are 96 trunks setup

The users are reporting the following issues.

1. When in a call the Agent receives an Unwanted Inbound call creating a 3 way conversation (this happens at sporadic intervals and agents throughout the day at any point during the call) load of system at times under 1
2. When the agent is paused for several minutes an inbound call automatically comes through to the agent

The only thing we can see is the seems to be lag duration on one reported occasion and another occasion in the logs the rogue inbound call was logged as a drop

I would be grateful if anybody has any pointers or things we should check as we are bamboozled
king2016

Re: 3 way / dual calls / calls in pause

Postby MJCoate » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:01 pm

That is usually a network related problem. You can verify this by doing a couple things:
- You should check the Agent LAGGED Report in Reports > Admin Utilities to see if anyone is showing up on it.
- You can run PingPlotter from an agent station and point it to the web server. If everything is on a LAN, this might not show anything. But if you have agents connecting from the WAN, it will show any latency and packet loss.

Those problems usually happen because communication between the agents and dialers get screwed up such that the dialer things the agent is free so it send them a call even though they are not.

Another thing this could be is the agent browser screwing up. You can check that by looking at the user stats page for a couple users that are having problems. If you see a bunch of LOGIN events that have no corresponding LOGOUT events, that is a web browser that is erroneously re-transmitting. Basically, the browser tells the dialer it's ready when it shouldn't. To mitigate that, you can:
- Reboot the PC
- Update your software
- Disable browser extensions
- Dont use anti-virus that interferes with Javascript
- Don't browse other sites while using VICIdial
Mike Coate | VICIdial Technical Support Staff
MJCoate

Postby udy786 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:38 am

On a server having same problems like agents receive dual call, when agent on pause still they are getting calls and going automatically on pause.

I checked load on its load average: 0.27, 0.11, 0.05.

Code: Select all
Ram:- Mem:    Total: 64220      Used:- 13928      Free:- 50292

CPU:- 32 core with Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4110 CPU @ 2.10GHz

Installed manually followed by https://striker24x7.blogspot.com/2013/04/step-by-step-guide-to-install-vicidial.html

Asterisk:- 1.8.23.0-vici

VERSION: 2.14-650a
BUILD: 180111-1544

Only 5 agents doing login on server and all we receive incoming calls. Server is in same office where agents logged on. Call coming over SIP trunk and SIP trunk line connected directly on server. Call volume is not high. We receive max around 1000 calls in a day.

Only 10 computers in network. I checked latency, its fine. Checked on Chrome and Firefox both browsers, same problem. No Anti-virus installed on PC. Firewall of PC is also disabled that default come with Windows 7.

Please suggest that what else I need to check and cause of problem so I will check to fix.
udy786

Postby williamconley » Tue May 28, 2019 12:31 pm

when agent on pause still they are getting calls and going automatically on pause

If agent workstations are dropping packets or the server is overloaded, this happens. We've also had reports on older systems of agents hitting "enter" and getting calls when they should not. odd but true.

Server is in same office where agents logged on.

Now I MUST ask: Why did you NOT install with Vicibox's .iso installer from Vicibox.com?

SIP trunk line connected directly on server.

This ... perplexes me. I've never heard of a sip trunk "indirect" sip trunk line. Weird.

Call volume is not high. We receive max around 1000 calls in a day.

Your idea of "not high" and anyone else's idea of "not high" can obviously vary widely. Daily call counts are irrelevant. What matters is the Maximum Simultaneous calls at any single moment in time AND how many of those calls are "stuck in queue" if inbound plus whether AMD or Survey calls are involved for outbound.

Please verify that the server in question is dedicated hardware for Vicidial and not running a virtualization platform with Vicidial inside it.

I checked latency, its fine.

"fine" is not a number. Once again, your idea of "fine" and someone else's idea of "fine" may vary widely. You went to the trouble of checking it ... post the number.

Also: Dropped packets vs latency vs jitter. All matter, but dropped packets will cause this problem whereas latency and jitter are just annoying.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby udy786 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:24 am

Hello @williamconley

Thank you so much for reply.

If agent workstations are dropping packets or the server is overloaded, this happens. We've also had reports on older systems of agents hitting "enter" and getting calls when they should not. odd but true.

As I have included my server load, you can see its very normal load so I think server is overloaded is not possible. Agents are using i3 and 4GB RAM PC with Windows 7 and latest Chrome Browser and they just Excel to note some information and browser to use vicidial so I can say PC is also not overloaded.

I checked latency, its alway < 1MS and no packet drop. I also checked Agent Lagged Report but No Record Found.

Now I MUST ask: Why did you NOT install with Vicibox's .iso installer from Vicibox.com?

I have two server on same location. One is ViciBox 7 and second this one with scratch installation. I had same problem with ViciBox that's reason I installed scratch to try.
udy786

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Did you get this average server load response when the problem was happening? Or at least within 1-2 minutes of an occurrence?

There is also an old bug that invoked if agents pressed "enter" when they were not editing a field that could accept the enter key, thus resulting in a 2nd call. Not sure if that's been entirely eradicated or if you are running an old enough version for it to be present even if it has.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support