New Rollout

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

New Rollout

Postby trebor65 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:25 pm

We are in the process of test our new Vici dialer. I had 5 agents on earlier and there were experiencing 2 separate issues. The first, was an echo on several of the class the were receiving. We are using X-Lite as our soft phone.
The 2nd is 8 of 10 calls the agents were receiving was not a connection. They would hear ringing in their headsets and we the ringing stopped there was silence on the iother end of the call.
If this is to generic please let me know and I will provide more in-depth details.

Thank you,

Robert
trebor65

Re: New Rollout

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:35 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) This is a support question, not a "General Discussion". I'll move it to the support board. Next time ... please post in the appropriate board or purchase pizza for a moderator. LOL

4) Your subject line is pointedly vague. You probably should have used something more like "Echo on some calls and Agents hear ringing when they receive a call".

5) Echo is hardware related, as a rule. What sort of headsets are you using? If you're using the sound card from the workstations the agents are on, consider a USB headset.

6) You did not state the method of making these calls. If you have a manual dial campaign, of course they hear ringing, LOL. I'll assume for the moment then that these are autodialed calls. Vicidial does NOT connect calls to an agent until two things happen: first the call MUST be answered. second the sound on the channel must be live. Only then will the call be transferred to an agent (this avoids wasting agent time). Challenge: What happens if your carrier lies to you about the answer? And then plays a "ringing" sound file for a little while? Of course, then they invoice you for the fake call and everyone's happy.

Um ... get a new carrier. You should have at least three for a functional system anyway. You can try to discuss it with the carrier, of course, some will clean up their act (since it's often not actually them but an "upline" carrier that they do not control).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: New Rollout

Postby trebor65 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Thanks for all of your info.
trebor65

Return to Support