New to Vicidial

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

New to Vicidial

Postby hansg » Thu May 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi all,

I am pretty new to the vicidial scene.

I am wanting to install vicidial on a cloud server so that it is accessible wherever I need it. What is the best way to do this as I do not have the ability to use an ISO.

Is the only way to accomplish this, to do a scratch install?

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks
Dual Core - 4GB DDR3 - 80GB SSD
Vicibox 9
VERSION: 2.14-751a
BUILD: 200425-0949
SSL Installed
hansg

Re: New to Vicidial

Postby williamconley » Thu May 26, 2016 10:19 pm

1) Cloud vs non-cloud does not change where it's accessible. A properly installed Vicidial server can be accessed from anywhere regardless of where it is.

2) Cloud is a vague term that can mean "not in my office" or "pooled application resources" or "virtual server in a colocation facility". So Let's be clear here: Virtual Vicidial is ONLY viable for testing or for a single agent. Vicidial is not a "cloud app". In fact, it's not an "app" at all, it's a rather large group of collected scripts and configurations that link several applications to form a Call Center Dialer Suite. As such, it requires a dedicated server in which to run.

3) GoAutoDial.com has an installation method that can be used with a Stock CentOS (older version, of course) whereas it is possible to use OpenSuSE or SuSE Enterprise (Or Ubuntu, or "technically" any distro of Linux) to perform a Manual/Scratch installation. I don't recommend any of these of course, certainly not for your first installation!

4) Best bet: Install Vicibox.com's .iso (using the PDF from Vicibox.com!) on Virtual Server for testing. After the primary install is complete, use the Vicidial Manager's Manual to configure and use the server for ONE user to understand how to install Vicidial (which is the purpose of the Vicibox .iso installer, it creates the environment for Vicidial and then installs Vicidial in that environment). Thus moving forward you'll have a much better understanding of what all this is about. The free version of the Vicidial Manager's Manual is quite useful for this. But remember: Virtual Vicidial is only for testing/training.

5) You can also lease a server from Vicihost.com or from PoundTeam.com or any one of several other places. We (PoundTeam!) even lease virtual Vicidials for one user testing (cheap) so you can get the hang of it before you go nuts, and to avoid pulling your hair out trying to get a system online.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby hansg » Fri May 27, 2016 5:19 am

Thanks for your reply.

I should have mentioned. I have pretty good experience in using the dialler itself and have also managed a few vicidial diallers. However, I have never produced my own server.

I have managed to install vicidial from scratch following a guide by Ray-Solomonm, might be the same as Strikers. Even managed to place a few calls.

VERSION: 2.12-555a
BUILD: 160508-1948

I think this is quite an old version though. I am currently using a cloud server on fasthosts.com to host it.

Is this version alright to use or would I be better with something else?
Vicibox 9
SSL Installed
hansg

Postby williamconley » Fri May 27, 2016 10:03 am

2.12 is the present version of vicidial. You could upgrade to get a slightly more recent revision level, but the version itself will not change.

When you say "placed calls", were these calls generated via a campaign in audodial mode? Of course, getting asterisk installed will allow calls to be placed ... but Vicidial functionality is a whole different monkey. LOL
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby hansg » Fri May 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Thanks for letting me know.

Yes I can generate calls using an outbound campaign and also manual dial data using the dialler manual dial as an agent.

I am currently trying to source some decent UK carriers that are quite cheap. Looking for about £0.008 per minute or below, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Vicibox 9
SSL Installed
hansg

Return to Support