ON HOOK FEATURE for Multiple Agent

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ON HOOK FEATURE for Multiple Agent

Postby hiteshg » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:26 am

SCRATCH INSTALL| Single Server | Sangoma PRI Card A101e (Single Port) | No Extra Software After Installation |Intel Xeon Quad Core | 16GiB RAM |
OS- CentOS 6.8
Vicidial Version installed : 2.11-476a
Asterisk : asterisk-1.8.23.0-vici.tar.gz
DAHDI : 2.11

We have setup onhook feature for Incoming calls in a campaign.

Everything works fine when we test with a single incoming call and single agent.

The issue is when we have more multiple incoming calls and multiple agent login in this campaign the IP Phone / Softphone ring for the 1st call and rest call remains in the queue unless and until the first call is answered.

We want when there are multiple Incoming calls in this campaign it should get allocate / transferred to the agent IP Phone / Softphone for the available agent. If the number of calls is increased then the number of agent rest of the calls can be in queue.

Appreciate your help in advance
hiteshg

Re: ON HOOK FEATURE for Multiple Agent

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:08 pm

Doesn't work that way. If you regularly have a lot of calls ringing in at the same time you should not be using on-hook agents.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby hiteshg » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:45 am

Thanks Matt for your reply...

Is it possible to develop this feature. If Yes please let me know what would be cost involve in it.
hiteshg

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:15 am

What you are asking to do is to ignore the queue completely for inbound calls, and allow all calls to ring all agents, and this is not possible within the VICIdial framework.

Using On-Hook agents is a very slow, inefficient and resource-intensive method of call distribution, and on high-volume call centers that method should not be used.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:50 pm

We HAVE implemented Queues inside the Vicidial system. Queues is the asterisk module that allows what you describe.

A client who refuses to use FreePBX (I was in fact not allowed to use that word during conference calls, I was warned) paid us to develop a FreePBX-like interface to allow (within Vicidial's menuing system!) a simplistic Queue-based system, a PA system allowing auto-answer and "groups" or "ALL", and even preprogrammed binaries for their phones and of course an operator panel to see what everyone's doing. While the rest of it is "interesting", the Queues was probably the most useful.

All because in addition to 125+ agents on their cluster, they also wanted to have 25 regular employee and conference room/front desk telephones and they had been overbilled by so many PBX reps before, they just wanted it in Vicidial to be done with it. No more monthly invoice with "extra charges" popping up magically. LOL
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby hiteshg » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:55 am

Thanks William for your reply.

You mean to say can we deploy Queue system with Vicidial while using ON HOOK Feature
hiteshg

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:50 pm

I can think of no reason why they would not play nice with each other. Of course, you would not know which agent picked up, the system would not be able to tell one agent from another. But it would show "one line busy", based on how the call was routed to the queue, until the call terminated. So you'd have "quantity" Management at least.
williamconley

Postby dheeraj2709 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:53 am

same issue i am facing on oh-hook (remote agent)....is there any configuration setting to handle multiple incoming call distribution on same time if agent are free in in-group. i dont want to use ring-all. please help.
dheeraj2709

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:47 pm

dheeraj2709 wrote:same issue i am facing on oh-hook (remote agent)....is there any configuration setting to handle multiple incoming call distribution on same time if agent are free in in-group. i dont want to use ring-all. please help.

Vicidial already handles this process with Inbound Groups. That's what it's designed for.
williamconley

Postby dheeraj2709 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:42 pm

Thanks for your reply.... I have 7 remote agents in in-group and if three simultaneous incoming calls come on DID in this only one agent ring rest 2 calls in queue once agent answer on first call then next agent ring....is it possible agent should ring on every call if they are not taking other call ...I have tested ring all it works fine but I want to use round robin agent process rather than ring-all Please help how can send ring to remote agent on multiple incoming call...
dheeraj2709

Postby dheeraj2709 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:44 pm

@williamconely Please suggest
dheeraj2709

Return to Support