Problem with one way audio

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Problem with one way audio

Postby gequiros » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Would love to see if you guys can help me on this weird thing:

BTW i am CARRIER, and all my clients DO NOT experience this issue at all

i will make it as simple as possible,

Multiserver here
1 Web
1 DB
4 Dialers ( A, B, C, D )

All upgraded to latest on SVN

Carrier conf for Outgoing Dialer Calls: (Autodialer outbound call)

type=peer
host=x.x.x.x
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=trunkinbound
qualify=no
insecure=port,invite
canreinvite=no

Carrier conf for Outgoing Conversational Calls: ( When we call back a customer )

type=peer
host=x.x.x.x
port=5061
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=trunkinbound
qualify=no
insecure=port,invite
canreinvite=no

3 Scenarios happening here:
a) when we call customer back, Everything is fine !! ( Manual Dial, goes perfect )
b) when the call goes out by automatic dialer, agent can't hear anything MOST OF THE TIME ( i will detail this )
c) when call gets IN thru a DID we got no problem (Even if agent is on a diff server)

Detailing the problem of NO SOUND on call:
- When AUTODIALER CALLED initiate on server A but agent is logged on a different caller, NO AUDIO for agent
- When AUTODIALER CALLED initiate on server A and agent is logged on same server, AUDIO is successful

Something is happening when the call need to be transferred from one server to another server where agent is logged

Ps: Firewall
I am using FORTINET firewall, and between THEM (all servers in clusters & My Call center, everything is wide open)
From Call Center to world: CLOSED
From Servers to World: CLOSED
We have to log in to other small cluster we got, and everything is fine ( This is Go Auto Dial )
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
WhatsApp: +1-305-320-1786
gequiros

Re: Problem with one way audio

Postby williamconley » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:23 pm

1) Goautodial? With 6 servers? Are you cra ... nevermind. But that's my opinion. lol

2) NO SOUND or one-way sound? If it's one-way sound it's always the firewall (always). If it's no sound it's Probably still the firewall.

* Try turning off the firewall.
* sip.conf entry for externip?
* Are your servers transmitting sound each on their own IP? Or do they share an IP? Or is your router configured to multi-cast? (That's a big no-no).

Your best bet is to SKIP the firewall and give each server two network cards.

One with no firewall on a local subnet with a Gigabit switch between the Vicidial servers for fast intercommunication with no interference.

And one with a direct public IP protected by an iptables-based whitelist-only access system. Note that you would still be able to turn the firewall off for 30 seconds for testing, since iptables can be shut off easily. If the network has no router or firewall between Vicidial and the public internet, there's almost a zero chance of interference or misconfiguration (especially when you turn off iptables for 30 seconds). Makes troubleshooting networking problems almost simplistic.

We published a package called Dynamic Good Guys many years ago which is specifically designed to whitelist a Vicibox installed system, and then adds a simplistic "authorized IPs" web page for anyone to easily add an IP.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby gequiros » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Hey Sr William, hope you are doing alright pal

Well, the small cluster i talk about on Go Auto Dial has: 2 Dialers and 1 DB / Web, everything there works perfect

But on the VICIDIAL ( 6 servers setup i had ) is where i face the problem

externip = same public IP address for each server

The firwall (software) is disabled, the firewall by HARDWARE is enable, but pretty much whitelist traffic between the cluster, my VoIP Switch and my call center, IPs are fully whitelisted, servers are in a Data Center In Miami where we rent a space.

Yes, each asterisk box has a dedicated public IP and they send and receive audio on their own

When call goes out from the same server where agent is logged in, it works perfectly

Scenario A:
Agent logged in server: 80.80.80.81
Auto dial call using server: 80.80.80.81

Result: Call works GREAT !!!

Scenario B:
Agent logged in server: 80.80.80.81
Auto dial call using server: 80.80.80.83

Result: Agent gets NO AUDIO !!!

Scenario C: ( DID - Inbound call )
Regardless of the server the agent is logged in and regardless of server the calls get IN, no matter what, it works

Scenario D: ( Manual Dialing )
Since call goes out using the same server where agent logs in, it works great

The DGG, is def a great tool, a must have for most people, on my end, well, i used a hardware (Fortinet on the servers in Miami) and pfSense on my Call Center in Dominican Republic

Thanks for any help you all can provide me.
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
gequiros

Postby williamconley » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:20 pm

I'm getting some mixed signals here:

externip = same public IP address for each server

each asterisk box has a dedicated public IP

Either they all have the same, or they each have their own. Hopefully this is just a translation issue and you meant to say that "externip is set to the public IP for each server and each server has its own public IP".

the small cluster i talk about on Go Auto Dial has

But on the VICIDIAL ( 6 servers setup i had ) is where i face the problem

Goautodial IS a Vicidial installer. So all your servers are Vicidial. And after this it becomes difficult to tell which servers you are talking about and how they were installed. Please don't discuss servers/clusters/installs that are not experiencing the problem unless you clarify fully which servers are which throughout ...

Next up: If you have a public IP for each server, and a hardware firewall on each public IP, you should NOT pass audio between the servers on the Public IP. The servers should have a second network card with a Private IP on a Gigabit switch with NO firewall involved. The Private IP is the one that will appear in "Admin->servers" as the server IP, and the public IP will go down below as the "External Server IP" for each server. Be sure to keep the "externip" value as it is, the Public IP.

This may alter your NAT settings for your agents if they are also on the Private network.
williamconley

Postby gequiros » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks

Well, not sure what happened, but for some reason my IP got blocked from coming to any of the Vicidial Family sites

I Reinstall the server and problem went away, but something funny happened... 2 computers keep experiencing the same issue... my friend on the center (dominican republic) told me he will clean CACHE on Chrome / Firefox, and that, solved the issue, to me it makes no sense, out of 30 active agents, 2 experience issue and solved with cache reset...

Thanks for giving advise
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
gequiros

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Web browsers (FF/IE/Ch) all have their own dns caching methodology. Some refresh sooner than others. Some even have their own Browser Addon to clear them for you because it's become a problem in some scenarios.

Not unusual at all to have a problem with some but not others, as each computer will have its own refresh moment and/or settings based on the installation date configuration option defaults and even on the last time it rebooted.
williamconley

Return to Support