Vicibox help in inbound group - SIP trunk

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicibox help in inbound group - SIP trunk

Postby arunvsadnikov » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:56 am

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question regarding the inbound vicidial configuration.

Current Setup:-
ViciBox v.7.0.3-160505
Asterisk 11.22.0-vici
Vicidial VERSION: 2.14-583a
BUILD: 161226-2224

I have some trouble setting up the inbound in group in vicidial with SIP trunking. I was able to make outbound calls through the SIP provider and I have around 5 DIDs landing the SIP trunk. My Inbound calls are landing to asterisk but Iam not sure in which dialplan context those belongs to. Currently Im sending it to trunkinbound and it fails with invalid phone, following is my career setup. Can anyone help me with this.?

[xxx-sip-trunk01]
type=friend
context=trunkinbound
dtmfmode=rfc4733
canreinivite=no
insecure=port,invite
host=xxxx.com
qualify=yes

exten => _911XXXXXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _911XXXXXXXXXX,n,Dial(${XXX-SIP-TRUNK}/+${EXTEN:2},,To)
exten => _911XXXXXXXXXX,n,Hangup

Which is the context for inbound in groups? is that default or trunkinbound?? Default dont have the extension matched for the incoming request. Please help me out this.

Thanks
Arun
arunvsadnikov

Re: Vicibox help in inbound group - SIP trunk

Postby kumar2arbind » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:57 am

Hello,

The default inbound context for incoming calls are 'trunkinbound'. You need to check your cli logs, their you can able to find the context your call are landing. Either make a inbound dialplan inside the context where your call are landing or make the call land to trunkinbound.
kumar2arbind

Postby arunvsadnikov » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. My current setup is already using trunkinbound as the context and I could see the same in asterisk CLI. But my inbound IN_GROUP is not working for the DID I have configured. Can you please see the following dialplan. Only the following dialplan needed for all the inbound calls??

[trunkinbound]
; If you have DIDs that arrive with a plus sign at the beginning then uncomment
exten => _+X.,1,AGI(agi-DID_route.agi)
exten => _+X.,n,Hangup()
; If you have DIDs that arrive with a plus and 1 at the beginning that you want to filter out, then uncomment

; FastAGI for VICIDIAL/astGUIclient call logging
exten => h,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log--HVcauses ... EBUG-----${HANGUPCAUSE}-----${DIALSTATUS}-----${DIALEDTIME}-----$
{ANSWEREDTIME})

is this is complete?? Im not sure. Please help.

Thanks
Arun
arunvsadnikov

Postby arunvsadnikov » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Any help would be highly appreciated. Please help im stuck :(
arunvsadnikov

Postby bajula » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:21 am

Hello,

I have the same problem with inbound calls. The settings are correct but my problem is related to NAT I cannot solve it. After i enabled SIP debug i found that the DID is coming into vicidial box but is closed with : SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized . The provider is receiving Got SIP response 603 "Declined" back from X.X.X.X:5060.
My setup is :

VERSION: 2.14-585a
BUILD: 170114-1356
Asterisk : 11.22.0-vici
One server.

Any idea would be much appreciated.
bajula

Postby kumar2arbind » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:36 am

arunvsadnikov wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply. My current setup is already using trunkinbound as the context and I could see the same in asterisk CLI. But my inbound IN_GROUP is not working for the DID I have configured. Can you please see the following dialplan. Only the following dialplan needed for all the inbound calls??

please share your cli logs when the calls are landing.
kumar2arbind

Postby arunvsadnikov » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:47 am

Thanks for the help guys, I was able to figure this out. I was using twilio and their incoming call was not matching my extensions configured in vicidial group.
arunvsadnikov

Postby uncapped_shady » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:32 am

Hi there, I am glad you have resolved this issue. Just a few more tips for anyone facing the same type of inbound issues:
Make sure that your carrier registration string is correctly configured.
Enable SIP debugging on your carrier trunk from within the Asterisk Cli as this will give you a lot more info on what is happening to your inbound call like if the codecs you have allowed are matching those of the inbound call or it will show you the format of the caller ID of the inbound number coming in so that you are able to allow that format under the trunkinbound context, for example the caller ID of the inbound number might be passed with a + sign infront of the number and this will need to be "allowed" / uncommented under the trunkinbound context.

I hope this extra information will assist anyone else with similar issues.

Thank you
uncapped_shady

Return to Support