Lead Post Simultaneous with Inbound Call

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Lead Post Simultaneous with Inbound Call

Postby jerryriggin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:43 am

We have a client that wants to send us a call and the lead data for that call simultaneously. I've never done this with Vicidial, but I know it is a common practice. I searched the manual and on-line for an example setup but couldn't find one. I don't want to re-invent the wheel or write un-necessary AGI, so I am hoping for some advice.

My first thought is to have the client post the lead to a specific list ID, say 55555 with non-agent-api. Then send the call to a "holding" in_group that just says, "Thanks for call, Please hold", waits 5 seconds then sends the call to in_group with search list 55555.

Does that sound right? Is the "holding" in_group necessary and sufficient to cover any likely delay between client sending call and lead?

Is there a better way?

Thanks!

VERSION: 2.12-543a
BUILD: 160313-0756
Installed & Updated by Vici Group
D1 Asterisk 1.8.23.0-vici
D2 Asterisk 1.4.38-vici
jerryriggin

Re: Lead Post Simultaneous with Inbound Call

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:55 am

That should work, or you can send it to a holding Call Menu for 5 seconds so you aren't creating unnecessary leads by having it go to the first in-group you mentioned.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Lead Post Simultaneous with Inbound Call

Postby jerryriggin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Ahhh! Much better idea. Thanks, Matt.
jerryriggin

Return to Support