No Such Extension Context error at chan_local.c

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

No Such Extension Context error at chan_local.c

Postby sansknowledge » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:17 am

Hi,
First thing first, i am supporting a non profit organisation which running a modest call center for disabled people. we have some 3 to 4 separate vicibox installations from there the agents takes call . we are now trying to provide work from home facility. The setup is we are having a server which is i7 machine with 2 TB harddisk and 8 gb ram , behind cyberoam firewall , the plan is agents access the vicidial hosted in the server over vpn through mobile phone and make calls. the vicidial details are
Vicidial
VERSION: 2.12-566a
BUILD: 161014-0902
Vicibox OS
ViciBox v.7.0.3-160505
Asterisk Version:
Asterisk 11.23.1
No clustering.
whenever the agent is making call over vpn in their laptop / mobilephone the call fails and the asterisk throws the error mentioned in subject. Image No Such extension context corporate@default while calling local channel. I believe i have to make some changes in sip.conf and extensions.conf in asterisk, but i have no clue how to do that any help.
sansknowledge

Re: No Such Extension Context error at chan_local.c

Postby sansknowledge » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:25 am

i am not sure how to post image file here any clues, so that i can post the asterisk details
sansknowledge

Postby mflorell » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 am

Making what type of calls?

You shouldn't need to directly edit the conf files for dialing issues if you have your carrier entries properly set up in VICIdial.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby sansknowledge » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:41 am

mflorell wrote:Making what type of calls?

You shouldn't need to directly edit the conf files for dialing issues if you have your carrier entries properly set up in VICIdial.

Hello Mr.Florell,

if I understand correctly about your question, they are making outbound calls using dialnext button in the vicidial screen the boss of the company told me that it is manual dialing , i haven't touched the dialplan yet :-) ,

the whole setup is working correctly when inside the local lan, but the same while accessed from a remote location, the agents are not being able to place the call. so i think there is no carrier related issues here. further information, as i am unable to paste the image of asterisk i am just typing it out

[Mar 19 12:12:10] NOTICE[20111] [C-000021d7]: chan_local.c:1006 local_call: No such extension/context
corporate@default while calling Local channel
[Mar 19 12:12:10] NOTICE[20111] [C-000021d7]: channel.c:5747 __ast_request_and_dial: Unable to call
channel Local/corporate/CRSSL/http/172.xxx.xxx.xxx/69600xxxxxx@default

this is the asterisk debug message when dialing via vpn from a remote location.

when dialing from local lan this is not appearing in the asterisk debugger.

I am aware that my knowledge with respect to this part is very very limited, i am just asking this question purely based on my stupid guts .

If you require any further information that may be of any use i am ready to provide them .

Thanks.
sansknowledge

Postby sansknowledge » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:08 am

hi guys

any inputs?
sansknowledge

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:27 am

Well, I've never seen anything like this for a requested channel before "Local/corporate/CRSSL/http/172.xxx.xxx.xxx/69600xxxxxx@default"

Why are there so many slashes in there?

What does the dialplan entry look like for that?
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support