Constant Ringing when call is transferred to agent

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Constant Ringing when call is transferred to agent

Postby chasejordan1 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:41 pm

I am running a campaign with 7 agents and 6 to 1. This is just a normal outbound campaign, when live person picks up send to next agent.

I have ran the campaign with AMD (8369) and without (8368), no matter how i run it 70% of the calls going to the agent is just ringing, and the agent could wait several minutes if they want to waste time or longer it would just ring. I understand this happening sometimes but it is more often than not.

The load on the server is not that high.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? Any thoughts on a fix?

Thank You

VERSION: 2.14-585a
BUILD: 170114-1356
Ast Ver. 11.25.1

1 Mysql, Web, Asterisk - 12 cores - 64 mg RAM - 512 ssd
1 Asterisk - 12 cores - 64 mg RAM - 512 ssd.
chasejordan1

Re: Constant Ringing when call is transferred to agent

Postby mflorell » Thu May 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Sounds like FAS(False Answer Signal), I would suggest trying another carrier.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mstopkey » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Definitely sounds like FAS. I have dealt with this extensively. Do what mflorell suggested. I did. Also try shorter dial time out setting. It helps. Another thing, if cell phones and they have blocked your calls by CID, then this will happen ALOT!
ViciBox 7.0.4 | Version 2.14-694a | SVN Trunk | 2803| Asterisk 11.25.1-vici |Build 181005-1738 | DB Schema 1561 | 7 64bit Telephony servers | 3 64bit Web servers | 1 64bit Database server | 1 64bit Archive server
mstopkey

Postby teleinx » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:25 am

Check to see if those calls are billed and show as picked up on your carrier. If they were billed and all you hear is ringing, it means that you are getting FAS from your carrier. If you don't know what FAS is, just google it there is a lot of info out there. Basicly the ringing you hear is just a recording someone is playing and stealing your founds for those calls as they never reach the called party. These things should be reported to your carrier. They may not even know about it. For the most part carriers try to fight FAS on their networks (unless they are the ones who are doing it to you).
If those calls are not billed (200OK) with your carrier, they may also inserting a fake ringback in order avoid a long PDD and have you drop the call for dead air. Nothing really wrong with that under normal conditions. But but if it's ringing for over 20+ seconds something isn't right either.
Also do what chasejordan1 mentioned and check your ANI with services that scan caller IDs for robocalls. It maybe that your ANI is flagged and that can lead to all sorts of weird behavior from time to time.
VoIP carrier spesilizing in vici dial.
Outboud VoIP Termination | Inboud VoIP Origination | Carrier Data Services
teleinx

Return to Support